How to plan workouts (indoor rowing)

Hi there.
I’m trying to understand the concept of planned workout in the site, but I’m not sure I’m understanding it.
When I click the calendar and insert a blank workout am I planning a workout or manually creating a workout I supposedly finished?

I’m quite a newb and my sport is indoor rowing, which may be a little different in terms of planning from, say, cycling. Simplifying, I would just like to plan my monthly workouts in the calendar and follow them (or compare the real workout with the planned workout). Is this possible?

As an example, which might make your explanation easier, I want to plan the following workouts for the weekend:

Friday: 4 x 2000m / 5min rest
Saturday: 12 Kms steady
Sunday: 250m, 500m, 750m, 1k, 750m, 500m, 250m intervals with 1min30 rest per 250m rowed.

Thank you in advance for any enlightening you might provide me.

All the best,
V

You can enter a “Workout” as a planned workout or you can choose “Manual Activity” a an activity you have finished.
You will see both under “Category” when adding a calender entry.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks.
I hadn’t understood that “Workout” is a planning. That’s solved.
But now I have another question: most of my workouts are distance based (instead of time).
How do I plan a distance based workout? Is it possible?

Full support distance workout steps is on the todo list. If you are using pace then the pace step tab will calculate the distance from pace and time and display it. Not sure if that is how things are done with rowing?

1 Like

hey david. Thank you very much for your reply.
I’ll wait for the distance workouts :wink:

I’m not sure how to use pace… but since some of rowing workouts are in intervals (pun not intended) I don’t know how that would work, or even how to program it in the calendar.

Thanks again for your help and dedication!

1 Like

The wait is over: Distanced based workouts supported

3 Likes

Thank you David!!

1 Like