How to create training plan to improve more?

Can anyone guide me how to create a training plan to improve my fitness im new here i want to improve morr …thanks in advance hefe my data

1 Like

I’d start using your left leg a little more :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve only just begun the journey myself so not comfortable giving advice but here are some resources I’ve found helpful to understand a polarised plan.

Fast talk podcast (ep14, 51, 54, 68) are fantastic and hear it from Seiler himself.

Dylan Johnson youtube series

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips my left battery lowbat heheehee.have a safe ride

This is such a big question, that is not to answer without extra information about you.
You have to start learning about the basics of training or hire a coach. GL!

2 Likes

I don’t feel that I know enough to create a training plan, so I leave that to people and services with more experience than I have. Right now I’m jumping into a 12 week program over on the Sufferfest since they can test and target weaknesses (to at least some degree) without having to involve a coach (I’m definitely not to the point where a coach would make sense).

1 Like

Maybe hire a coach? :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info mate inform me if u find more better …can teach me.have a ride safe mate

Start with reviewing your history, assess the results and work out how much time you have to train and on what days.

Then plan out a progression of training load and Time in Zone (TiZ). Review fatigue and performance progress, and adapt the plan as needed.

1 Like

Thanks mate can i see your training plan i use to race here with national team

I dont have money to have a coach:(

Where are your from ? No national coach guidance ?

I have PM’d you.

Just viewing what I do probably won’t help you much unless you understand why I am training the way I am, my strengths, weaknesses and what my goals are. Then you also need to consider my life stress and other commitments.

What works for me could be very different for someone else, especially if you are much younger than me, which you almost certainly are.

I assume you are from Qatar, DOHA? Sorry put your name in Strava :slight_smile:

440 hours this year, I see you put the hours in :+1:

Take the guesswork out of it and go with Trainer Road. Follow their base plan to start with.

1 Like

Im doing 4 times a week a 90km ride …
I dont have a coach… im dunno if im doing a right training to my self

Yes im from doha qatar

Do you just ride or have a structure in your 90k rides? I would say two rides should be very easy, one ride should have some 15-20 min Intervalls (maybe 80% of FTP) and in one ride you could do hard 5 min Intervalls. At some point it becomes important to do more than just ride

1 Like

You have several options:
1 learn how to create a plan, using the kinds of resources that Ben provided or a book, such as The “All New” Cyclist’s Training Bible | Joe Friel.
2 hire a coach who is willing to provide a plan for the short term and to teach you how to plan for the longer term.
3 invest in a training program. There are lots out there, but one that provides long term training plans is TrainerRoad. A program like TR would provide you with a plan and also the resources from which you could learn effective planning [TR has a forum and podcasts, which are both free].

In order of ease of entry [your investment in learning how to construct a plan], 3 is the easiest and 1 the hardest. In terms of cost, 1 is the cheapest and 2 the most expensive. In my own case, I started with 3, which provided the structure within which to improve my cycling; as I was doing that, I invested the time into 1, to learn how to do the planning myself.

Good luck! Let us all know what you decide to do and how you get on.

Trainngpeaks offers many training plans available for a one time purchase.

Thank you so much mate for the information… kindly send me some of your training plan that make you improve?