Hammerhead Karoo 2

Speaking of Karoo, I requested they support pushing structured workouts from here.
Maybe we have a better chance for them to do it, rather than Wahoo, since they are smaller and more receptive.

Please go there and chime in to bump it up in votes.

1 Like

+1 bump. Done!

I will, as soon as I get out of the sand box preventing me from setting a password. I’ve mailed Hammerhead support about it…

Same for me. I even clicked on “I’ve lost my password” and still didn’t receive any email to renew my password.

They’re referring to a different domain for the validation frame (https://hammerheadteam.zendesk.com and https://support.hammerhead.io) which is a sand box access violation…

I guess we have to create a different account to access the “support” site.

That’s frequently the case for services using Zen Desk, but they’ve made a mistake in the validation process…

Their user discussion forum is a disaster. I got locked out too and took me a while to get back in.
I love these forums accessible via Discourse.

I’m still waiting for an answer - not very promising…

Somehow, I’m not surprised…

—-

Thank you for your Karoo 2 pre-order.

Your Karoo 2 will unfortunately be delayed in its final delivery to your door. Please allow us to shed some light on the reason behind this.

Like you, our team has been working in a totally new world of remote operations. While we have successfully navigated our way through international supply chain challenges and restrictions to team movement over the course of this year, this has still posed a major hurdle. Remote exchanges between our factory and testing facilities in the last few weeks have slowed our progress as we launch this innovative product under the highest quality standards.

For this reason we are forced to adjust our shipping timeline, and ultimately delay your order. At the time of pre-order, your order was scheduled to ship in late October. We now expect to ship the bulk of these orders in late November. Some orders are projected to ship a few weeks earlier than this, and some a few weeks later, as we prioritize delivery by order date. We have been working tirelessly to avoid this scenario and are sad to have to share this news.

If the additional weeks of waiting are too much, will refund your pre-order deposit at any time, and would love to welcome you back as a customer in the future. To ensure your full satisfaction, we also offer a 45 day refund policy after your unit is received. We will keep you informed as we ramp production in the weeks ahead and your shipment draws near. If you have any further questions please reply to this email, and our team will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience and your support. Our mission remains to bring you the most advanced head unit on the market, and to help you unlock your full athletic potential.

Pieter Morgan

Hammerhead Founder and CEO

1 Like

I’m fine with that, because even if I could receive it in December, January, February or maybe in early March, I would probably only be able to try it in mid-April if the weather allows it; and if I want to use the 45 day refund policy for any reason, I need to have enough time to evaluate the device it IRL (outdoor rides) !

I guess I’ll sit it out as well. However, I’m usually not that lenient when companies take my money six weeks in advance - even if it is my own choice to comply - and then not deliver, extending the loan for possibly 6 weeks more, or longer…

Yep got the same email today.
Understandable give the current climate, but still not ideal. Oh well.

I agree, but this is not something that came unexpectedly. We’ve been in this situation for the better part of a year.

If you, despite that, think you can start delivering by the end of whatever month and then have to come back on that, pushing it forward another 6 weeks (at least), you’ve not thought it through well enough.

Another thing that is bothering me, is the non-sense replies I get from support, re the sandbox issue. Not helpful and quite frankly disappointing.

If anyone is interested or cares:

Franklin Prince (Hammerhead)

Oct 21, 2020, 18:27 GMT+5:30

Hi Robert,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I can assure you that this delay was completely unexpected and caused due to a last-minute change that we had to make to improve the unit’s durability.

You can certainly keep this email as proof that we will not have any more delays.

Best Regards,
Franklin
Hammerhead

1 Like

It certainly beats shipping on-time a product with durability issues.
Hardware design is hard. That I know for a fact.

That’s what I replied - better this than having to take them back / replace them.

Still, not very good publicity.

I finally got a note that I can complete my pre-order, BUT the unit will not ship within 2 weeks after doing that.

So, despite the explicite promise that I would have my unit before the end of November, I probably won’t receive it before somewhere mid-January.

I’m done with Hammerhead. I hope one of you waiting for a slot, will be notified and get ‘my’ unit :sunglasses:

Consider yourself lucky.
I ain’t seen sheeet yet

I only received a discount offer for their jersey while waiting for the time to complete my order :slight_smile:
I’m not in a hurry anyways as I won’t be able to try it out before sometime in March or April (if we are not locked down once again). And I see that they already have several little glitches on the K2, so that should give them some time to solve and improve the product before I have a chance to use it.