Guided interval detection

Would be nice to be able to automatically identify intervals based on top power, top hr, etc. You could specify the interval length and how many of intervals to detect

1 Like

Intervals are already detected by the app, but maybe not in the way you want it? At least it works this way for rides with a power meter.

How would you like it to detect the intervals?

Automatic interval detection works decent but there are some situations where it doesn’t pick the intervals correctly. What I would like to be able is to have this find intervals functionality where I can instruct the algo to find 5 intervals of 8min peak power, or 5 intervals of 8min peak HR.

Does that make sense?

It works like this in GoldenCheetah

1 Like

The example you give, 5x 8-min peak power/hr, is this in one activity or across a range of activities over time?

Reason I ask, is if you’re looking for lots of short, hard efforts in one activity, I can understand. But I don’t understand why longer threshold or sub-threshold efforts would be so hard to find by the default method, or customizing each effort based on the graphs showing 30s average power/hr…

In a race, yes, it would be nice to see how many there are. Not so much in a training session, as it should be pre-planned otherwise what is the reason for doing the workout.

3 Likes

I agree with @CP.io , was searching out this exact feature when I found this thread.

1 Like

This is one of the features I’m missing too. Would love to see a “Find Intervals” function like in Golden Cheetah!
(E.g. to analyze a 4x10x30"/30" session I like to look for the hard 30"s…)