Garmin's Body Battery?

Yesterday I discovered Intervals.icu and I absolutely love it! I really like how you can plot different graphs underneath the fitness trend. The only think I’m missing is my HRV score. I’m using a garmin vivoactive 4 and I think it only reports Body Battery.

Is there a way to get the body battery score in intervals.icu? I know body battery had been discussed before, but it was unclear to me if you can manually incorporate it or get it updated automatically?

Would love to hear any insights!

2 Likes

You should create some custom fields to be able to set it manually, intervals doesn’t have that functionality yet, although I personally doubt that bodybattery measurement.

You can do a regular HRV Measure with garmin app
HRV Analysis Connect IQ Store | Free Watch Faces and Apps | Garmin

Set it to write a fitfile. This is imported to intervals.icu

David has implemented that the rMSSD and SDNN value is used for the Wellnessdata, a few days ago.

1 Like

I would also appreciate body battery integration. Not sure what the API gives you, but daily min and max or something like that would be great

Help me understand that:

Now I sync Garmin Wellness Data (in settings) so I get HRV (which matches the HRV Status widget on my fenix)

When I disable that toggle I figure I will no longer get HRV from there - still any activity will probably have HRV (unless not activated in the watch settings)

What’s the go-to then regarding HRV measurements?

Do a morning reading using an app and a dedicated HRM Strap just to have it overridden by any synced workout?

I have a Garmin Venu2 which can not measure hrv.
So my way is doing a morning measure with the hrv-analysis app (without HR-Strap). This writes a fit-file which appears in Garmin connect and is synced to intervals. Here intervals gets the rMSSD and SDNN out of the fit-file and set this in wellnessdata.