Garmin Secondary Workout Target

Hi there!
The Garmin 1040 offers the option of 2 on-screen targets. Is there any way to build workouts using this second goal? By Connect I can already insert a second goal, but here by intervals did not find how.
Some tip?
https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=EMMh03mfYU59Zt0ldOw0U6

1 Like

That would be great !

I found that in an updated version of the Garmin docs. Cadence will now be used as a secondary target if it is present and not the primary target. Example workout step:

- 60m Z2 90 rpm

I only have an Edge 130+ so I can’t test this. Please try it out and see if it works. If it does please mail me the Garmin generated fit file (david@intervals.icu). Then I can probably make this work for workout FIT files directly generated by Intervals.icu as well.

1 Like

Hi @david.

I sent you a “FIT” of a sample workout with two goals.
The 20min block as a primary goal is power “80% TP” and as a secondary goal is heart rate “121bpm” (you can’t set a percentage, e.g. LTHR, MaxHR).

As secondary goals you can set:

• speed,
  • pedaling rhythm,
  • heart rate zone,
  • own heart rate.

After loading a workout created in “GC” with two goals, unfortunately the second goal is not displayed in “Builder workout” in interval.icu.

2023-03-03-07-53-18

2023-03-03-07-53-41

regards
Artur

hi. Yes, intervals.icu can sync with GC with second target. Like mentioned above format (for example) is:

• 10m ramp 43-45% 85-95 rpm

1 Like

Thanks for feedback

did you try do the same with heart rate (bmp)? Does it work too?

Hi) Yes, I tried…and no working

Hi all,

I have the same Need, setting a primary % FTP Power and a secondary target in HR %, could you make It work in any way?

Thanks!
Marco

2 Likes

:pleading_face::pray: :crossed_fingers::pensive::crossed_fingers: