Garmin Fenix 6 Pro/Instinct Solar

Good day all,

Considering getting a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro for Black Friday, has anyone got one and what are your thoughts on it?

Given I have a Wahoo Element Bolt, do you think there are any cycling specific benefits I can get from it? (Obviously I want one anyway)

Same Applies to the Instinct at £200 cheaper

I have a Fenix 6 pro. It is a top class watch. I’d say I prefer the forerunner 945 as it is less bulky but with 99% of the features. The Fenix 6 pro is solid and I’ve never had a glitch or an issue.

I’ve had to recently stop wearing my watch 24/7 as it was rubbing on my wrists and causing sores.

Bought a Fenix 6X Pro (previously owned a good few smart watches and sport watches from Apple,Garmin,Polar). Top notch watch,picked the 6X because I substitute my Venu SQ Music & Edge 530 for the Fenix,so I needed the big screen,and I’m a battery junkie,the more the merrier. Knowledge wise 6X Pro and 6 Pro are the same,so I’d go ahead and say that there is very little you’ll miss with 6 Pro. I was eyeing the Instinct,but the missing maps and Garmin Pay made it a no go for me, and the look I needed had to be compatible with my work in the office (Fenix 6/6X is okay, Instinct is a step too far on fancy office days, and I’m not sold on switching watches every other day). If these isn’t crucial for you,the Instinct is a great gadget. Oh, also, the Instinct is NOT power meter compatible.

Didn’t look at Ant+ compatibility, thankfully I went for the 6x Pro. Not arrived yet but got it (hopefully) for a steal at £300

1 Like