Garmin Connect & Strava duplicate handling

No the Garmin one will replace the Strava one.

@Ollie_Rutherfurd When a Garmin activity replaces a dup Strava activity Intervals.icu provides links to Garmin Connect and Strava on the Garmin activity.

Yes, I was hoping there might be a way to do that interactively

Ok unterstandā€¦
But when there is a need to use the original garmin fit file for HRV data, i have no chance to get my zwift rides (with altidude, speed, segments, GPS and so on) in intervals.icuā€¦

Could there be a way, without hoping strava or zwift are pushing the HRV through in maybe 5 years!? :thinking:šŸ¤·šŸ¼

Also i have to rename my garmin activities, cause for now i maintain that all in strava, or is there an other way?

Hope i am not to complicated :grimacing::hugs:
Thanks

1 Like

If you update the name of the activity on Strava the Garmin one that replaced it on Intervals.icu is also updated.

Sorry for replying to an old thread but it seems like the right discussion. I encountered an admittedly unique situation today.

I run on my treadmill connected to Zwift. My Garmin watch is paired to Zwift in Virtual Run mode to act as an HR/cadence sensor while the treadmill itself is sending speed information. At the end of the run I normally just discard the activity on my watch. Zwift uploads the final activity to Garmin Connect and Strava.

Sometimes I choose ā€œsave and calibrateā€ for the virtual run activity on my Garmin watch to help calibrate its readings. Then I go into Garmin Connect and delete that activity. The authoritative file is the file that Zwift sends.

intervals.icu pulled the watch-based upload from Garmin connect before I could delete it and then merged it with the Strava activity uploaded by Zwift. For the analysis it used the bad data from the watch rather than the good data from Zwift/Strava.

After I deleted the duplicate (watch) activity from Garmin Connect, leaving the Zwift upload in place, I had to manually delete the activity on intervals.icu and then re-upload the fit file from Zwift.

Hopefully this all makes sense? I guess the question is when there are multiple data files is there any way to tell intervals.icu which one to use and which one to discard?

Currently you have to manually choose which one to keep by deleting the others. Hopefully that doesnā€™t happen too often.

hey guys, any way , can handle the duplicates , like search and destroy?

Iā€™ve dumped my Strava account and now wholly & solely rely on GC as my data feed, TP as my training/workout platform & Intervals as my training analytics platform. Works a treat!

1 Like

Easiest is to use the activity list view and filter by source or add source as a column on the grid.