Garmin Connect & Strava duplicate handling

Is not possible trainerday only send :TCX and I already try to convert to others format without success.
The solution for me is to reconnect Strava and file come up

Ah so this is a completed activity. I didn’t get that.

Duplication issue, in case you want to take a look @david

Intervals.icu Garmin Connect
Intervals.icu Strava

The moving times are very different which is why it hasn’t considered them to be the same. The Garmin one doesn’t have an altitude trace and he pace chart has less stuff on it. I think Strava is doing some enhancement.

For this kind of thing is probably best to keep both because in this case you might want to keep the Strava activity.

Hi, have another duplicate pair here:

https://intervals.icu/activities/i1082236
https://intervals.icu/activities/5270440083

Any idea why they’re not treated as one?

Thanks!

I had to reconnect Strava because zwift but now i have duplicated swims activities. Only swim, no runs or bike.

For example.

btw: the % compliance is wrong, i have 1 hour in TrainingPeaks. 147% is way a lot since total time in activity was 1:03:07.

Thanks David

I don’t know why that swim is duped. You better just delete the one you don’t like.

1 Like

All of my pool swims are getting duplicated from Strava and Garmin as well. But not my outdoor swims (and not bikes or runs either). Seems like there might be an issue with pool swims?

Here is a screenshot from last week. Red circles are duplicated pool swims, blue circles are both outdoor swims. It happened again in the pool today too. Let me know if I can provide more details to help chase this down?

I awalys delete one data manually

Hmm. I will have a look at that.

1 Like

Those dups have moving time a little different due to differences in how Strava and Intervals.icu process the files. I had the “is duplicate” threshold for time and distance on 1%. I have relaxed that to 5% which should sort this out for future. Will deploy Thurs AM.

1 Like

Hi, Is there a way to manually group activities, if it doesn’t happen automatically?

What do you mean by “group activities”? If dups are not detected automatically you can delete the one you don’t want.

When there is coming the new DFA Alpha1 stuff to intervals.icu, and the HRV data from the original garmin fit file is needed (strava don’t push HRV through so far!?) there is a need for me to sync my strava activities (my main app where all is in) as i do now + garmin activities or may just the HRV data from garmin.
Hope so much that this will work then 🤷🏼
… and of course that DFA Alpha1 is coming :grin:

1 Like

I do have the DFA a1 stuff on the todo list and Intervals.icu is already extracting the HRV data from .fit files. So you will need to get your activities from Garmin Connect and not Strava (or as well as Strava). I can’t say when it will be done unfortunately.

1 Like

Ok thanks, great. … but aren’t there then 2 activities instead of 1 in my calender, when i connect to garmin + strava?

1 Like

Sorry, yeah I meant delete-except doesn’t it now link to both Strava & Garmin Connect, too (as part of the duplicate handling process)?

No the Garmin one will replace the Strava one.

@Ollie_Rutherfurd When a Garmin activity replaces a dup Strava activity Intervals.icu provides links to Garmin Connect and Strava on the Garmin activity.

Yes, I was hoping there might be a way to do that interactively

Ok unterstand…
But when there is a need to use the original garmin fit file for HRV data, i have no chance to get my zwift rides (with altidude, speed, segments, GPS and so on) in intervals.icu…

Could there be a way, without hoping strava or zwift are pushing the HRV through in maybe 5 years!? :thinking:🤷🏼

Also i have to rename my garmin activities, cause for now i maintain that all in strava, or is there an other way?

Hope i am not to complicated :grimacing::hugs:
Thanks

1 Like