[SOLVED] Zwift activities synced to Garmin not syncing to Intervals.icu

This is probably user error rather than a bug.

I have been auto-downloading my activities from Strava but have tried to switch to Garmin to get L/R balance data. However, after finishing an indoor ride today on Zwift, which would have sync’ed with Garmin Connect, nothing has been sync’ed with Intervals.

Does the Garmin activities feature only work with activities recorded on a Garmin device rather than activities uploaded to Garmin Connect?

Yes

A manual upload to Garmin Connect will sync to Intervals, but not when it’s linked from a 3rd party app, eg. directly from Zwift → Garmin Connect → Intervals. Here’s a Zwift workout manually uploaded to Garmin Connect.

Perhaps post your settings page where it shows Garmin.

Thanks for the detailed response! Screenshot of Garmin settings below

Seems like I have a bit of figuring out to do! :slightly_smiling_face:

the help better

1. are you manually getting the zwift file from Zwift.com and manually uploading it to Garmin Connect?
  2. Are you using Dual Recording?
  3. Are you doing Zwift → Auto Sync → Garmin

#1 would work
#2 would work
#3 will not work. refer to thread i linked.

I am doing #3 :grimacing:

Then you have your anwer. (Garmin has couple years(?) ago started NOT to fwd out any workouts not explicitly done on their hardware devices. Tho if you do #1, it will be able to circumvent it. I’ve not tried it myself but @gerald shows that it works)

Try #1 or #2

or my future solution (now in BETA) BreakAway: Indoor Training - Garmin & Non-Garmin Workouts Sync Solution

What device are you recording on?
PC, Mac, iOS, Android

The activity will be saved in the Activity folder, which can be accessed on most devices except iOS. This means you can disable the autosync to Garmin Connect and then manually upload to Garmin Connect or drag and drop to your Dropbox folder (which sync with Intervals).

Let me k ow if you want help with this process.