Future Fitness graph based on weekly total load

Intervals currently shows a potential fitness graph based on planned workouts. I’ve used this feature in the past to help predict fitness 1 - 3 months ahead to help me get in tip top shape when summer rolls around.

This year I’d like to plan an entire year to be even better prepared. To use the potential fitness however I’d have to schedule workouts for an entire year, which is unrealistic and tedious.

That’s why I’d like to request an addition to the potential fitness graph to be able to base it on weekly training load as I already know these values through my ATP and this would be a lot less tedious to input.

2 Likes

You can just do a math.
Let’s say you want a monthly CTL ramp of 4,5,6 ( depending on your age and initial fitness). Multiply by your months of training left and you have it.
It’s expected an AVERAGE gain of 70/80 on a year off course not indefinitely.

This might be achievable by using the “weekly training load target” metric that was introduced. Perhaps an option on the Fitness graph to plot this training load target on the basic premise of taking the total target and dividing it by 7 to get a daily load which is then plotted.

I appreciate that this wont truly reflect the specifics of differences in daily load from different types of workouts but it would show a projection of CTL and thus help one “shape” the year ahead somewhat, in the absence of filling out individual workouts.

1 Like

Exactly! I use the weekly load already to help map my ATP. The strategy you propose for coming up with the graph sounds perfect to me.

1 Like

Not entirely sure what you mean

I knew this question would come up when I did the targets :slight_smile: I will try make a plan.

3 Likes

Awesome :star_struck:

Any update on this yet? I was also wondering is there a way to contribute is there a git repo or something? Kind regards, Tycho

Not yet but I am doing a lot of work around planning at the moment. I am going to move future fitness, freshness etc to the wellness records and compute it server side instead of client side. That will also make it available via the API.

1 Like