FTP in activities is different from settings FTP

Hi! I am not sure if it is a bug or something I have done wrong, but I have noticed that when I look at an activity it does not show the value for the FTP that I entered on the settings page. Any idea what could be wrong that causes this discrepancy? Activities since 30th of January are affected. All activities come from Garmin Connect if that matters.

Regards,
Daniel

Can you show a screenshot of the activity page from Januari 30th and the last one before?
My guess is that on one of those two an eFTP was detected that was higher then the one in settings.
If so, it will look like this:

Intervals will auto adjust your setting for FTP if you accept it.

I think you are onto something. I have not been training on the bike because of knee issues and put a lot more time into weight lifting. I wanted to get an idea of where I am compared to when I was in shape last season. On January 27th I set my indoor trainer to 300W to see how long I can hold that power. Before that, I had the FTP set to 284W, which I estimated was a reasonable value. As I was not training it wasn’t super important to me, it’s just that it was obviously no longer anywhere near 330W. Unfortunately, I do not recall if I reduced the value to 254W after the 6 minutes that I could hold 300W. When I look at the settings page, I have 281W for both indoor and outdoor, but activities show 254W.

If you change calendar to List View and add the FTP column, you can see exactly what your FTP setting was on the day you did an activity for a specific discipline.
There you can see how you changed it manually. Or accepted a FTP change proposed by Intervals.
One more thing: If you change FTP on an activity summary, top right pencil icon next to FTP, it also counts as a change that will reflect in your FTP setting and will be used as the new FTP. Exactly in the same way as a change in the settings!

Thank you for your help! I got it now! I didn’t know that when I change the FTP of an activity, it also updates the FTP value on the settings page. I must have unknowingly updated my settings that way and that has been the source of my confusion. :man_facepalming:

1 Like