FTP and CP Interchangeability : Some notes

There isn’t yet. It is probably something I should plot on the /power page.

1 Like

Is it possible to set FTP and CP separately as different values?

My CP is usually 15-25 watts higher than FTP and using my FTP value together with my Wbal does not modell well. Since FTP is lower than CP I can push well below 0 for Wbal.

It can also bee seen in the rather unreasonable values estimated for W’. At 29 700 J and 67 kg i would be at 443 J/kg and that is sort of “off-the-charts” and would be absolute world class.

In fact my umbers are more like an CP of 345-350 and a W’ of 20-21 kJ. I can set W’ but since I can not set CP separate from FTP this model will fail me.

Skärmbild 2022-06-16 225140

A workaround is to simply set FTP under power settings and within the ride settings as your CP value.

It works for me because I do not really care about the Coggan FTP. We know what CP is physiologically. We don’t know what is FTP.

As for unreasonable values from the model, I think this is where a sanity check comes in. Test the effect of different models, The math is different 2-P to Morton’s. If you have a knowledge of historical values you know to be true, select the model that best approaches those values. Use those numbers.

1 Like

Yeah, I tend to review power zones in terms of FTP and W’ and matches etc in terms of CP, so I use both. But i can do that in GC anyay, just trying to cram as much as possible over to intervalls as it is a bit more convient.

Unfortunately when I started this I knew nothing about power modelling and the FTP people are good at SEO so thats all you read about when you Google. So Intervals.icu doesn’t have a separately tracked CP field and the workaround is to enter CP for your FTP and W’bal to match.