Free simple erg mode app

Dear all,

my wife wants to start training on the indoor trainer. I will try to coach her via Intervals.icu. And so i will make her workouts. She is doing this besides her running ambitions, just for 2 times a week.

So now i’m looking for a good free program which can control the indoortrainer workouts. I’ve been looking and only found ergvideo.

Do you have any tips for an windows or iOS (Iphone / Ipad) based app to play the intervals.icu created workouts on?

@david is expect not, but is this a feature which will come in the future? Erg mode control via the website?

With regards,

Mike

Golden Cheetah.

1 Like

didn’t know that about GC. Thanx! will try

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/breakaway-indoor-training-app-now-with-intervals-icu-calendar-integration-workout-of-the-day

3 Likes

Just wanted to link the above, but I see it’s already done :smile:

2 Likes

this sounds even better for my wife. Thnx!

1 Like

Hi, TrainerDay is also a minimalistic mobile device app,which is Intervals ICU “workout of the day” compatible. It is usable in a free version (albeit of course handicapped),but the subscription is on the very cheap side of the spectrum in the indoor space.

7 Likes

For windows i use Erg Video

Probably not :slight_smile: I think technically that would be hard to do and there are apps integrated with Intervals.icu that do that already. I want Intervals.icu to stick to analytics and planning and integrate with other apps.

11 Likes

+1

Cobbler, stick to your last!

Perfpro. Bit easier to use than Golden Cheetah. Not free but a once lifetime payment. I don’t use anything else.

Thread focus: Free simple erg mode app …

While not an iPhone or iPad solution… Does she have a modern Garmin or Wahoo bike computer? You could upload the workout to the bike computer and use it to control the smart trainer.

1 Like

I also didn’t think this would happen. But i didn’t know there were so much already existing integrated apps. So learnt a lot from this thread!

Did consider this, but i like the internet based solution of intervals.icu. So didn’t plan to use the analyzer. Also the reason i don’t use Golden Cheetah anymore.

I use 2 laptops for all my activities. 1 is from work, which don’t accept home installed software.

She has a garmin edge 130. But she also want a visual of the things that will come in the workout. Did tell her the demotivational part of seeing the work you need to do next when you are allready depleted :wink:

I was an avid user of GoldenCheetah as well but it tend to also give me some amount of grief w/ the Bluetooth Connections and it not being able to control my trainer.

Since my Garmin watch can’t control my trainer anyways, hence the app. Do check it out if not already. Feedbacks welcomed.

Cheers!

edit: With The phone app, as opposed to the bike computer solution, you also get to put in comments on the workout file. (I’ll post up something later on how this works / will appear on the app)

1 Like

Here’s how the workout cues look like on the app.

1 Like

Any chance for android version of BreakAway?

1 Like

Thanks for your question, but I’m sorry. Unfortunately, not at this time. My sole purpose right now is to at a minimum get a return on investment of USD99/year (currently in my 2nd year) for being able to list the app in the Apple App Store.

Currently, I think I have spent > 1000hrs on this app besides the fee paid to Apple and I’m hoping that as more people utilises it, i will/can get more revenue from the advertisements in the app.

Also - I have no experience on Android and neither do I own any Android devices.

But who knows what the future holds.

2 Likes