Football activity type

Can we have a football activity type?

1 Like

There is a “Soccer” activity type. Or are you referring to American Football?

i was referring to proper football, but i suppose that soccer is close enough :blush:

1 Like

@david would it be possible to get a “Rugby” activity type added as well please.

1 Like

+1 for Rugby

obviously you don’t know what you are talking about :smiley:

soccer is proper football… NFL football uses more than hands than any body. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like rugby so I added it but it doesn’t seem to be supported in fit files or by Strava. So you will need to select it manually.

I was referring to the same sport but I prefer to call it football and american football instead of soccer/football.

there is now football/american football as activities in fenix 7 pro. if you start an activity with one of these watches the sport will be embedded on the fit file i pressume that intervals will flag it accordingly.

how do you record your football activities.

Thank you, rugby is now an a activity type In GC and in fit file format (SDK)

Brilliant thanks David - it’s an activity type in Garmin Connect so can manually upload that way.

Appreciate it.

I downloaded the latest FIT SDK and I don’t see rugby anywhere. Any hints as to how I can figure out if a fit file is rugby?

Sorry, my bad, not in fit file, only on Garmin Connect. But American Football already is.

With firmware 16.XX Garmin Forerunner 955 has now rugby activity type. And seems to work fine with I. .
Many thanks.