Feature Request: More Duration Options on Power Profile Page

For the Power Profile, under the Power tab, in addition to 5s, 60s, 5m and 20m, we currently have the option to look at 15s, 60m, 2h, 3h and 4h and eFTP.

It would be useful if there were more durations to choose from. Personally, I’d especially like 10s and 30s, but other people might be interested in other durations e.g. 2m, 10m, etc.

So it would be great if there was a larger selection to choose from.

Incidentally, it seems like durations over 20 minutes aren’t that useful, presumably because once you go above this there are relatively few athletes who’ve actually done maximal efforts that long.

Also, it’s been really illuminating to me to see where I stand in relation to other intervals.icu users. I’ve long suspected (from group rides and racing) that I was relatively strongest at shorter durations, but according to the Coggan table I’m best at 5m followed by 20m, whereas intervals.icu shows I’m best at 60s, followed by 15s and 5s. That rings much more true to me.

It just shows the difference that using real data (as opposed to invented numbers) makes!

Thanks once again for a great training tool.

1 Like

Tx. I will add some of those. The tables are computed every day from everyones data (well everyone with a date of birth and power) so I can’t support “random” durations.

1 Like

I understand. In that case, the most useful would be 30 seconds, 3 minutes and 10 minutes.

There’s a big difference in energy contribution between 5 seconds (strongly alactic) and 15 seconds (strongly anaerobic (alactic+lactic)) one the one hand, and 60 seconds (roughly 50:50 anaerobic:aerobic) on the other. 30 seconds is the duration with the highest anaerobic lactic (glycolytic) contribution, so it would be a great complement for those other durations to give an all-round top-end power profile.

3 minutes would fill the gap nicely between 1 minute and 5 minutes, and similarly 10 minutes between 5 and 20 minutes.

Like I said, longer durations aren’t much use because relatively few riders do representative efforts of more than 20 minutes.

I have added 30s, 3m and 10m but they will only show up on Tuesday. I need to deploy Monday AM and then the tables will be rebuilt on Tuesday AM.

1 Like

That’s great. Thanks.

That 3m one makes me look good! Don’t have too much along the top of the chart otherwise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your eFTP is correct, you should be able to get better numbers at 5 minutes, which would make you a good all-rounder, although you do need to work on your sprint!

1 Like

it would be nice if there was the option to also add the FTP (not eFTP)

1 Like