Favero Assioma vs P2M NGeco vs Kickr

Hi,

I own Favero Assioma Duo pedals which I use for indoor and outdoor training on my bike for 5 years. I also use a Power2Max NGeco powermeter on my gravel bike. I bought it 3 years ago and also bought the accuracy upgrade (±1%). I think I compared these 2 powermeters 3 years ago and they showed nearly the same. Unfortunately I couldn’t find the file.

Anyway, since a few months I had the impression that my Power2max showed more power compared to my Assiomas. I put my assiomas on my gravel bike and did a few outdoor rides. They showed around 5% less than my power2max. I was in doubt for just adjusting my assiomas in the app.
So, I contacted Favero. I should send them a few photos and a dual recording. They also checked remotely and told me, everything looked ok. I also did a static weight test. I measured 10,11kg on my left pedal and 10,05kg on my right pedal (weight not standardized)

Then I looked in the data from my home climb which I drove a lot in the last years. I picked 10 rides from the years 2020-21 and 10 rides from the years after that and compared the data with a hill climb power calculator. The Broleur Hill Climb Calculator

In the first 2 years, my assiomas showed more than the calculated power (virtual calibration: -1,46%) and after 2022 it showed less than the calculated power (virtual calibration: +1,31%). Maybe I have a drift of around 3%?

Last week I did another test: I put my gravel with my assioma pedals on my kickr. I warmed everything up for 20 mins. Then I did a spindown and zero offset for my powermeters.
I drove intervals at 180W, 240W and 300W for 5 minutes on the small and on the big ring.
Here are my results:

• P2M showed 5,5% more than Assioma
  • Kickr showed 1-6W less than Assioma which I think is reasonable for drivetrain loss

What would you do? Just -5% on my power2max? I am wondering about this difference as I heard many good things about P2M powermeters.
Maybe Assioma drift downwards and power2max upwards over time? I haven’t heard anything about that.

Forgot to post: Crank length setting in the assioma app and in my Edge 1040 is correct. I also checked the torque of the bolts.

If your left/right balance has remained unchanged on the Assiomas then it’s unlikely the issue is with them. They’re essentially 2 different power meters so the chances of both being out by the same amount is slim I’d reckon.