Error Message Appearing

This started appearing intermittently on my account today:

Did you perhaps revoke Intervals.icu access to your Garmin data? Thats what the error is about (I need to detect and make it better). Login to your GC account and make sure both boxes are ticked here:

Ah, I see. I turned off the health data because sleep was recording incorrectly. When it comes in from Garmin directly, it seems to be the sum of sleep + Awake time. I switched to using FitnessSyncer for Sleep (and weight). For whatever reason, when sleep comes into intervals from FS, it registers just the time asleep (see below too).

I had assumed that turning off that switch would just prevent those data from continuing to sync for future dates.

If it helps, Garmin (itself) used to combine them but now correctly reports only the time asleep.

It would be awesome if Intervals could record the full set of data that Garmin captures. Here’s what FitnessSyncer captures from Garmin:

But at the least, I’d like Sleep to not include time awake.

Oh, I see what happened. I turned things off on the garmin end but not inside Intervals. And I also turned off the wrong thing - somehow I had turned off activities instead of Health data.
So now, I’ve disabled Health data on both sides and turned activities back on and the error message seems to have stopped.

1 Like

I just had a look at some recent sleep data from Garmin:

"durationInSeconds": 25980,
  "startTimeInSeconds": 1640916060,
  "startTimeOffsetInSeconds": 3600,
  "unmeasurableSleepInSeconds": 0,
  "deepSleepDurationInSeconds": 2100,
  "lightSleepDurationInSeconds": 15480,
  "remSleepInSeconds": 8400,
  "awakeDurationInSeconds": 60,

Intervals.icu uses durationInSeconds for sleep time and at least for this data that doesn’t seem to include awakeDurationInSeconds:

durationInSeconds = 25980
deepSleepDurationInSeconds (2100) + lightSleepDurationInSeconds (15480) + remSleepInSeconds (8400) = 25980

Unless awakeDurationInSeconds is included in lightSleepDurationInSeconds?

Interesting. It may be device-dependent. My Fenix 3 doesn’t report REM time at all - just light, deep and awake time. On Garmin connect, it used to include awake time in total sleep time, but at some point - maybe in the last few months - they stopped doing that, which was good.