Erroneous HR Data must go

After every activity I do using my watch, I get ‘new HR threshold’ notifications, which is rarely true as we all know wrist based HR data is very hit or miss, especially after a Zone 2 jog.

Be great of there was an option to ignore all HR data from watches…???

I do use a chest strap occasionally when I want accurate data, but not comfortable wearing it every run.

On the activity page click ‘Actions’ - ‘Ignore Part’ and there you can ignore HR

Thanks, I’ve tried this option and get an error…

Try Actions - Settings ´Ignore HR´.
To ignore part, you probably first need to make a selection where you want to ignore.

:person_facepalming: thanks, didn’t realize I was selecting ignore part…

Still be good for a global setting to ignore all HR data unless selected to do so…???

Sounds counterintuitive…
Why ignore data by default if it is in the FIT???

yeah I get that I could just turn off HR on the watch… but although the wrist based HR is inaccurate overall, it still gives OK data during the exercise as a guide.

it’s just that I get new HR threshold notifications after every session isn’t ideal…

Where on your wrist do you wear the watch? I can get remarkably accurate data when compared to a strap with the watch worn 2 fingers up from the wrist bone, on a more ‘meaty’ part of the arm than down at the wrist

1 Like

It often helps to turn the watch to the inside of your wrist, where the artery is close to the skin.

1 Like

OK, will try that, I do wear it on the wrist bone usually

1 Like