eFTP not same in all the app fields

Hi, this looks like a potential bug regarding eFTP, different numbers in different places:

1. In the Activities field

1. In the power tab

1. In the fitness tab

Implies FTP=234

Aren’t all these suppossed to be the same ?

Thanks.

The power tab records/ notes your highest eFTP in the period. Your activities/ fitness tab is ‘live’ in so much as it is your current eFTP accounting for eFTP decay etc.

Well, that’s precisely my point. The power in the power tap IS NOT the highest in the period.

You are right, sorry I misread that your eFTP was higher in your activity list. Strange - had a look around and can’t see why there would be a difference. One for @david to kindly have a look at when he gets a chance.

1 Like

@Olly_Thomas is right. The power tab records your highest eFTP only considering activities in the selected time period. The one shown on each activity is the “rolling” eFTP with decay. This might well have been set before the selected time period on the power tab.

Thanks for looking into. However, the power tab IS NOT recording the highest eFTP (stuck at 225). If it was working as you describe, eFTP of the power tab would be 235w.

Kindly help

If you include the power curve “last season” you will see what I am getting at. The 239w from last season has been decaying which is why you have 234w eFTP on current rides. If last season didn’t happen then the highest from this season would be 225w and that (or reduced by decay) would be on your rides.

I am considering dropping the whole decay thing and just using a moving 90d or 120d window and your current eFTP is the best in the window. The downside is that would give you a lowball number if you have been training but not doing max efforts.

1 Like

I quite like the decay personally, if it is changed could it be an option please?

1 Like