Drag and drop on the calendar

You can now drag and drop planned workouts, races etc. on the calendar. Anyone looking at your calendar or the /fitness page will see the changes in real-time! You can open /fitness in one window and the calendar in another and see the impact on your future fitness as you make changes.

Note that this doesn’t work for entries from external calendars. You need to edit those in the system that created them and refresh the calendar in Intervals.icu.

4 Likes

Great, can we just move or copy too?

1 Like

I hope you know how difficult, everything you just make look simple, really is … In changing perception of programs and programming, you are doing good.

2 Likes

Just move. I am not sure how to implement copy. I could add “Duplicate” button on the view workout dialog (perhaps with a prompt to create copies for n future weeks). I could also make holding down shift or something when dragging do a copy but that doesn’t work on touch devices. Any ideas?

2 Likes

When making a new entry, you have in the bottom “Add New Entry” “delete” “edit” and “Close”

If the word “Entry” is removed, and maybe close became a “X” in top corner as many are using, You would have space for a “Copy/Paste” …

This could then work with a key combination, and you would have both …

Then, maybe later, on an activity, the copy could be added, and it could be pasted as a planned activity … As many are driving the same routes , the plan could be filled easily …

1 Like

Maybe such a menu when we drop in a new place?
Screenshot_1

2 Likes

It works great and is very useful improvement.
Missing is a copy/past option. Really necessary for long trainingplans

1 Like

If you hold down Alt while dragging it now makes a copy of the workout. Tx @Kim_Bonde for the tip!

I am thinking about adding a floating toolbar that can be toggled on/off in options and appears when you start dragging. Then I can add a “Copy” option for mobile, future workout library, create series options etc etc.

7 Likes

Works fine now. Series are no serious feature missing for me right now, only planning for very near future …

Omg thanks for the fast copy feature, definitely saving me so much time! Great app, keep up with the great work!

I have started a little toolbar for the workout library etc… Right now it just enables copy (handle on touch devices). You can toggle it on from “Options”:

4 Likes

Elegant … Workout library … have to go back looking at my old wishlist … running on empty …

Still wondering if I should make a bug report for this, but maybe this is the more elegant way to mention the fact that scrolling through https://intervals.icu/ (so, the Activities subpage) on a mobile phone often makes you unintentionally change the order of your trainingplan.
Not really sure how to solve it, but thought I should mention it.

4 Likes

Hmm. I might be able todo something about that. Will have a look soon.

1 Like

Not working for me :slightly_frowning_face:

When I drag pressing ctrl key, cursor changes to “+”. However the workout is just dragged to to another day and not copied. Same with Alt key but in this case the cursor does not change.

I am using Mozzila Firefox in windows 10.

I am using Firefox on Windows 10, I find the copy works best if I start the drag and then hold down the Alt key before dropping in the new location.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I now found a workaround.
I just open the workout library dropdown and select the checkbox to copy while dragging.

1 Like

Is there a way to turn off drag and drop on Mobile view only, I note when scrolling its super easy to move workouts without realising?

6 Likes

Yes I do this all the time by accident!

2 Likes

Is this in portrait mode, landscape or both?