Doubts with fitness chart

Hello, it’s possible to reset the fitness chart to start a new period?

Do you mean to reset your ‘fitness’ (CTL) to 0? Why would you want to do this? You can set up a new ‘Season’ and this will reset your Power and HR PR’s etc going forwards.

I would like to create a new season and start with the ctl from 0, but I don’t know how to do it.

I don’t believe that is possible without deleting all previous activities or changing each activity within the Activity > Settings options to “ignore” Power, HR, etc and it wont feature on the Fitness chart

Ok. Thank you

Creating a new season wouldn’t help?

creating a new season does not reset the values ​​of the fitness chart

I know but would help.
The “adjustment” of CTL etc is so quick I wonder why you would need a complete reset.
Not to mention that if you had any extremes (low or high) ones that wouldn’t be any good for taking further decisions of future loads etc

I get it. Maybe it’s not interesting to “falsify” the real fitness data. Thank you

It takes ~42days to “adapt” your fitness chart to a new way of calculation.
Software I used in the past (SportTracks, Golden Cheetah) had an option to enter starting values. Purpose was to just transfer over CTL/ATL/TSB from another software suite without having to transfer all your workout data. I don’t see tht option in Intervals.

I would think the easiest way to start from zero CTL would be to create a new account. But not sure why you’d want to do that, other than to see an absolute difference between the start of the season and a future point in time.

That’s it. I would like to see the evolution of the CTL in the new season starting from 0

Thing is that, for me, CTL is only a way to gauge my weekly ramp / training plan in a mathematical way.
This came from a person called Alan Couzens (https://www.alancouzens.com/) but the specific link for the bellow is out… so I’ll reproduce it bellow:

"It goes like this… (assuming default constants of 42/7)
Target CTL ramp rate = ~10 per month
Target TSB floor (i.e. where your Training Stress Balance will bottom out at the end of a 3 week loading period) ~= -20 TSB
Target daily TSS load = CTL+~30 per day.
Easy as 1,2,3!

A worked example…
Athlete’s current CTL (fitness) is 100 TSS/d and we want it to be 110 TSS/d by the end of the 4 week block.
We know that a TSB of -20 is a safe ‘bottom’ for this athlete.
So we plan the loading days for the 3 loading weeks (of the 4 week block) as 100 +~30 = ~130TSS/d.
Of course at the end of the block, the athlete will have a new CTL of 110 so loading days for the next block will need to be 140TSS/d… Finnegan begin again (until Finnegan runs out of time/life space :slight_smile:

So, what does the recovery week/recovery days look like?
Conveniently enough, 7 days at CTL-30 at the end of the block will bring the athlete back to a ‘neutral’ freshness of TSB ~ 0 ready to start the next block (for our athlete above, a TSS load during the recovery week of 100-30 = ~70TSS/d)
With a proven athlete or an athlete with a high constitution but lower than average response, it may be more like a 2,4,6 rule, i.e. ramp rate of 20, TSB floor of -40, daily loading of CTL+60. But athletes who can handle this sort of 5TSS/wk ramp over the long term are the exception rather than the rule.
Of course, this ‘flat loading’ process is as boring to the body as it sounds to the head. There is real benefit in implementing more variability in the load to avoid ‘training monotony’ - something that can significantly diminish the response than an athlete gets from a give training load, i.e. for an average load week of 100TSS/d, having some days at 150, others at 50 and maybe even a big day at 200 & (perish the thought :-), a true rest day of zero. I’ll talk about the advantages of that type of approach in a future post. But for now…
Train smart,"

so I would never reset my CTL.

Regards,

PS: Forgot to mention : works like a charm

Ok, thank you very much for the explanation