Di2 Gear Selection Graph

I pair the di2 with Wahoo, and after the ride I go to Training Peaks download the file and import to di2stats without any problems

This sounds interesting - I recently got a SRAM AXS Rival 1x12 - the shifts show up on the garmin edge when I end the ride, but don’t show up in garmin connect - however they are somehow recorded into the fit file because the sram homepage get’s the fit files from garmin and there I see the stats.

Having those stats sure would be interesting → maybe even in regards to gears/components - to actually keep track of usage of the individual cogs in the cassette? ;-D

3 Likes

I’d like to see this implemented as well.

It seems that SRAM AXS data should be available in Garmin FIT file at least, I was able to inspect the data in TrainingPeaks WKO5 (the desktop app, I might get the name wrong) a while ago, so I suppose it is there.

If there’s anything I could do to help with implementation/testing of this feature – I’d be happy to help.

1 Like

I imagine with the new Custom Fields this may already be possible, has anyone tried?

This will likely be possible with custom activity traces which is my next big task after sorting out Strava rate limits etc…

6 Likes

I tried to play around for a couple minutes with the Fields option, but since there isn’t a count entries I couldn’t even get number of gear changes or similar for now. Waiting patiently.

From what I saw in a fit file once there are gear change events, so those would need counting

Edit: typo

For Garmin users, check if this data field helps on this topic
It displays and saves to fit file current gear F/R size, ratio and events count
The info is available when reviewing the activity in Garmin connect mobile and for any external software that reads developer fields from fit

eGEAR+

1 Like

Custom activity traces would be epic

1 Like

Would be really sweet if the selected gear could be shown in a chart on the activity. SRAM axs have nice statistics with number of shifts, time, distance , watts and energy in every gear. But would be really nice to show the selected gear at a given point in the workout also.

1 Like

…I may add also that a speed histogram might be useful for analyzing if you have the right gearing.

1 Like