Deleting incorrect HR data

My HR data went wrong on a work out. Is there a way of deleting just the part that went wrong from an activity?

You can use either…

Actions > Fix Data to fix a portion of the HR data

OR

Actions > Settings to ignore HR data entirely

1 Like

Or if you really want to finetune the figures you can go Actions > Edit Data

3 Likes

Thank you both - that was really helpful

Hi. Is there any way to repair max HR data. For some reason sensor at some point start sending too high HR rate 240 bpm, while I probably didn’t pass 155 bpm, which I would like to use instead.

Thanks.

can ignore part or all?

Yes, ignore a metric for the entirety of that activity or ignore a metric for a selected part of that activity.

You can also edit the data point by point (Actions → Edit data) or apply a “y=mx+c” function to fix it (Actions → Fix data).

Can you explain a little bit more y=mx+c. How to use it and what symbols stands for. Thanks

If you need to offset by a fix value, only use ‘c’ to add/subtract. If you need something linearly relative to the existing value, use ‘m’ as a multiplier.
If you need both, use both offset and multiplier.
It’s a pretty basic math function…

Tx MedTechCD.

Examples: If you do scale=0 and offset=170 then all the points currently visible will be set to 170. If you do scale=1.1 then all the points will be increased by 10%. If you do scale=1 and offset=10 then 10 will be added to all points.

The equation y = mx + c is the general equation of any straight line.

• m is the gradient of the line (how steep the line is)
  • c is the y-intercept (the point in which the line crosses the y-axis).

This video explains the basic concept.

While the function has been in my toolbox for a long time, I must admit that I initially failed to see the extreme usefulness of a 0 multiplier to simply replace values with a fixed number…
We learn every day!

1 Like

Thanks to all. Pretty simple once you understand how to do it! :+1:

One more stupid question. Is there a possibility correct missing/wrong HR values in accordance with 30 s power values? As at least peak power values create peak in HR.

You need to correct the main HR trace.
First make a selection around the area you want to correct, then apply Manual edit/Fix data to the HR trace.
The 30s values will automatically be recalculated with the modified trace values.