Deeper Sleep Metric Library + Dashboard

To be a great athlete and to be healthy, sleep is super key. Analysis of this is lacking in intervals at the moment…

Here are my suggestions on what metrics we can start using that are already in Google Fit or HealthFit (for Apple Users).

For each day of sleep, raw values:

1. Time in Bed
  2. Time Asleep
  3. Time Sleep End
  4. Time Out of Bed

For Each Day Computed Values:

1. Sleep Efficiency: Time Asleep / Time In-Bed
  2. Time to Fall Asleep: Interval of time between In-Bed and First Asleep Moment
  3. Snooze Time: Interval of time between Sleep-End and Last Asleep Moment

If we can start with this set, I can expand on further useful metrics to help build out a more thorough sleep dashboard.

Looking forward to discussing and helping out as much as I can!

best,
n

5 Likes

Get an Oura ring pal.

1 Like

Any chance you have been able to pull these metrics from HealthFit / GoogleFit @david ?

Not yet but I will get on it as soon as I can.

Expensive little suckers. Are they worth it? Accurate? Thought I remembered reading some very negative reviews.
I’ll bet Alexa is already monitoring our sleep and just not telling us how much data she has.

1 Like

They are helpful sleep trackers for me. I have issues waking up at night at taking a while to get to sleep and they point out correctly every time. The HRV readings are consistent throughout the night. I found that the readiness lowers according to the workout intensity level I’ve done on the day before.

It is a good ‘recovery and sleep coach’. It also hints you optimal sleep times based on your current state to pay off some sleep debt for example. I use FitnessSyncer.com to export data to Intervals and TP and works great.

Have these metrics - particularly sleep start and end time - been incorporated now? I can only find sleep duration and sleep score.

1 Like

Not yet. But I am planning to do something soon. I have to update the Oura integration to use their new API so that would be a good time.

1 Like

That would be interesting!

Anything non-Oura users can also make use off?

I think. At least for iOS users and on ios17. Apple health now has data for those different stages of sleep (accuracy unknown of course).

Since Intervals.icu is so extensible, anyone can go create some wellness fields for those diff stages and it would sync over from Apple health just fine. No need for an oura ring. (But need an Apple Watch I think. Unless you sleep with the phone on the bed?)

1 Like