Dates Not Correct. Garmin Connect Sync

I don’t want to use Strava, that’s an entirely different discussion.

I synced my entire Garmin Connect history. The dates of every ride is showing on the calendar as one day ahead. Garmin Connect shows as Tuesday at 7pm Intervals shows Wednesday at 3am. I didn’t have my timezone set on Intervals at the time of import. But this shouldn’t make a difference because it should be taking Garmin Connects timestamp?

It depends. Intervals.icu gets the raw .fit files from Garmin Connect with no extra info other than the UTC start time of the activity. Usually the .fit files contain enough info to deduce the timezone offset but some (e.g. from Zwift) do not and then your configured timezone is used.

I can run a job to re-import all of your activities with your current timezone?

Is it something easy that I can delete my history and re-import. I don’t think it’s something I need to get you to do?

Either you went ahead and did it, Thanks!!! Or it corrected itself. The times look proper.

I only fiddled with a few of the latest activities to see if it could be sorted out?

New user here :wave:t2: I have troubles with syncing my past workouts from Garmin. Once I’ve done that for the first time it imports activity but only few of them and I’ve got felling those were not in correct order. I delete them all and try re-import but now they doesn’t shows up :thinking: is there a way to force syncing?

Go to calendar view “Options” and enable “Show Deleted”. Then Undelete those you have deleted and be a little more patient. All Garmin Connect activities from the last year will come through in the next few hours. You can’t go back further then 1 year because Garmin doesn’t allow that.
The “order” can’t be wrong because Intervals takes the activity date from the FIT file.
If some activities don’t sync, check what format they have. I believe TCX is not yet supported. That might be a reason why you have missing activities.

That doesn’t work. After enabling ‘show deleted’ activities doesn’t shows up. I have to mention that I delete my first account and create new one maybe that’s the reason?

With a new accout things should sync normally, because there is no history. Have you checked the file format on Garmin Connect? Open an activity and choose “Export Original”, then open the zip file and look if you have a tcx or a fit extension.
And for completeness check intervals setting page to have Garmin Connect sync from a date further then 1 year back. Default is one year back.

1 Like

Garmin is trying to reduce the impact of the activity backfills on their systems. They keep history of backfill calls and do not allow repeats. So thats why you aren’t having much luck with your 2nd account. It is still the same Garmin identity. Also since a couple of people have complained that this isn’t working they might have limited backfill date ranges.

I am nearly done with support for importing the file Garmin sends you if you ask for all of your data. You can ask for that here: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/account/datamanagement/

I asked approx 4 days ago and haven’t received anything yet.

1 Like