Dark Mode for intervals.icu

Hello,

thanks David for the great website and continuous development. I wondered if it was possible for you to integrate a dark mode for intervals.icu. Or does this feature already exist and i just wasn’t able to find it?
A dark mode for this website would be great as the appearance right now is white and bright which i personally dislike, especially at night.

Cheers
Louis

2 Likes

I do have that on the todo list but its quite a lot of work. Every little bit of styling needs to be done twice and I need to find a “dark mode” theme for the component framework I am using.

you can try this edge://flags or chrome://flags and #enable-force-dark

1 Like

Wow. That actually works quite well!

Many browsers also have dark mode add ons…

7 Likes

It works very well in dark mode(Opera GX).
If it is possible can you change background of graphs?
In activity is white. But almost every where is quite good.

1 Like

Would be nice but its more effort than you might think. There are colours all over the place in Intervals.icu in CSS and generated from Javascript.

1 Like

As a mac user - NightEye for Safari did it all with a click of a button. Great work!

1 Like

On android you can also use dark reader addon for Firefox.

1 Like

NightEye works for more than Safari.

1 Like

bumping this thread as I find the extensions I have tested to not darken the graph section of a workout. I have tested Noir, Night eye and Dark Reader today. None of them darken the graph sections of a workout. I would love for intervals to have a dedicated dark mode.

Edit if you use filter or filter+ under more in Dark Reader it actually works!

I actually did try do this a while ago with some clever CSS I found but it caused problems (functionality issues) with the library Intervals.icu uses for components (Veutify) so I had to park that.