Daily Load Value

I have been toying with cutting out Training Peaks for quite a while and end of 2021 I let my Pro subscription lapse.

Since then I have been using it less and less and leaning into Intervals more. However there is one section I had not considered and that was the integration with hrv4training. The pro version of Training Peaks imported the previous days activities and days TSS score.

Thanks to @david i can import hrv4training tags but if there a way I can input the days load score? I’m more than happy to manually input this during my morning reading so I’m after the ability to quickly see the load for the previous day? Is there a way of modifying the calendar to display this or is it a chart I’m after?

Thanks all.

Intervals.icu will calculate the load for the day automatically from your activities? Or are you looking for something else?

Yep, that is exactly what I’m after. Where is the best place just to see that number at a quick glance?

So the workflow is to take the reading from hrv4training first thing in the morning. Ideally whilst still laying in bed. Fill out the subjective questions for the follow up survey but one of those questions is the previous days load. So I’m looking for a quick way to grab that number, input it and move on. So far I could not see just a daily total without having to check the fitness chart and hover over the day and read the tooltip.
Sorry I realise this sounds so one off :pensive:

shouldn’t those previous days activities get fetched automatically?
IIRC it does so for my Strava workouts and I can see it on the screen when doing the post HRV input

Edit: I see the data comes from Strava.

I have the same problem. HRV4Training automatically provides the duration and distance but not data like:

• Feel (Rest, Easy Average, Hard)
  • RPE (it defaults everything at 3)
  • TSS (yesterday)

It doesn’t bother me, as filling in the subjective (feel) questions, and the missing data ensures I am consciously aware of my data. Obviously it would be better to have it pull automatically, but I’m so used to opening TP to get my TSS.

Even when I export the data to dropbox, I still have to update a few Wellness scores that aren’t automatically updated. It’s part of the daily routine, while eating breakfast.

I find the TrainingPeaks app the best place to go (at the moment).
@pmcarlos is busy developing an app, discussed here, where hopefully we can get a summary page showing key metrics. Yesterday’s TSS can be one of those metrics.

Unfortunately right now you would need to add up the load for the activities for the day on the calendar or read it from a chart on /fitness.

I addes yTSS (Yesterday’s TSS) and tTSS (today’s TSS) to the home screen in DailyTSS
@Adam would something like that work for you?

1 Like

I have added “Load” (total for the day) to the calendar. Do Options → Wellness and tick the “Load” box near the bottom:

Its a bit naff if you only do one sport and one workout per day like me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello David,

Topic kick! I was wondering why the daily load doesn’t include other workouts like strenght-/weight training?

See screenshot:

The workout activity does have a load value:

Off topic, but not an ideal position to measure your HRV. See link below.

Heart Rate Variability (HRV) measurement timing: morning or night? (substack.com)

you need to put a “weigtage” percentage on the /Settings page to indicate that you want it…

Could it be possible to also include “Moving time” ( total for the day) next to the load on the daily summary?
something like this

Disregard this, found a way to do it with the custom fitness plot to the calendar :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did you do that?

Tried to answer you here Total daily running distance on calendar view - #2 by erik_vatn

2 Likes