Custom Zones Feature

I see many on this thread requiring the level of “full customization”. I totally see David’s point of being able to cut some corners in order to make a working app that’s an “add-on” for Strava.

I suggest others who need so much customization to look into Golden Cheetah. You can go bonkers with customization and let me assure you, you will not be upset.

What Intervals.ICU offers is an interim solution. Do I like 7 zones and particularly Friel zones? Not really. I’m okay. Perhaps it helps training when there is more granulation, if you go with the concept that specific training adaptations are brought about by training specifically in certain areas. With 3 broad “Seiler” type zones, you risk having wider bands without being able to shoot somewhere specific. My two cents.

1 Like

Thanks Ron.

I have tried many time GC and played a lot with logbook and spreadsheets.

1. GC does not mix well with my old mac, it’s so slow and crashes often
  2. I have spent to much times data waterboarding, I just want at some points to monitor key figures like training intensity distribution from one season to another, especially when I move my strategy like I do this year Training strategy for 2021 v2 – hic et nunc

Hi,

Is it possible to add custom zones. i.e I recently went for a lab test and I have been given my own FTP, and zones for each Z1-Z7 and my own sweet spot. I can only edit the %, which in turn adjusts the Zones, but I need to adjust each zone specifically

You can edit the % ranges for each zone to whatever you like and change the zone names etc… Click the pencil and then edit on the grid:

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 10.54.51

3 Likes

YEs, I agree, yu can replace every number except the lowest HR number where z1 starts, so there for I can never ever get 100% scotre on my training becuse it starts miles above my walking HR.