Custom wellness fields

Two things I noticed while playing around that could be nice additions:

• I created a yes/no filed. Then, I wanted to plot its 7 day average on the calendar (fitness view). If the 7 day average was either the smallest or largest value, then the calendar interpreted it correctly. However, if not (which is mostly the case), it gave a numeric unformatted value between the two extremes. It would be very useful to be able to format that in the field definition, so that it displays, say, an average ‘yes’ frequency.
  • can the custom fields be used as a filter on custom charts for other data? Say I take that same custom binary field and want to use it as a filter, so I can plot my sleep duration in different colours depending on the value of that field.

Also, I noticed that if I change the numeric values in the definition after having used the field for a while, all the previous values get reinterpreted according to the new definition. This is dangereous, maybe a recomputation/translation to the new values could happen in the background.

1 Like

The fields displayed on the calendar is separate to which fields are captured. Do Options → Wellness on the calendar page to select fields for display.

1 Like

I’m a new user and really enjoy the website! I’m now trying to plot my wellness data and added the ‘Steps’ field. However, I see no option to import it from google fit (or garmin). (阅读每日步数总计  |  Google Fit  |  Google Developers)

It’s a custom field so you need to populate it yourself. Manually or by writing a script to get it from somewhere else.
Maybe someone already wrote a script to pull it in. It’s kind of a 2 step procedure.
Make a connection from the source to the Intervals API
Set a script to populate the correct field.

Would be great if someone has an example that can be shared.

The steps are however already available in google fit/garmin API so maybe it would be rather easy to also request this automatically along with the other variables like weight/sleep/etc… Steps are for me a nice metric to compare my general activity level (maybe a lot of running after kids, work around the house, etc…) versus my cycling activities. Rest days are not necessary actual rest days and during cycling days I might have very few steps…

1 Like

As far as I know garmin is picky about steps, so maybe they aren’t even exposed via their API. Can’t say much about Google. I currently track my steps via my Oura Ring - which exposes steps via API (for you to grab via a script and feed into the Intervals API - I might add that to my github project that floats around here somewhere)

My fenix is a bit better in tracking steps than the Oura Ring (currently fighting with their support to get it better, as it should be an easy fix) but I really don’t like to enter that data manually :wink:

I get some data from garmin and also withings and push them to intervals. All far from pretty code but works… Most of it is searched and copied in Github. So Roland will find himself again :wink:
https://github.com/Tronje-the-Falconer/multiplatform-health-sync/tree/main/opt/multiplatform-health-sync

I actually wanted to add Matlab’s training readiness calculation and other things to my program. Haven’t followed that up yet though.

There is a Python library for Garmin:

2 Likes

Your github repo seems to be private. Link gives a github 404

sorry, forget about that. Should be public now

I have not used garmin in a while because I switched to amazfit/zepp at some point, but before I used to sync garmin to googlefit with healthsync app. Amazfit syncs directly with googlefit. Googlefit exposes Daily Steps Total.

I’d like to see a Blood Oxygen Saturation value as well

Is there a “how-to” on how to write these scripts or maybe a sample I can see to swap some key words out for my application?

SpO2 shows as a field in the Wellness fields.

Yes, but I don’t think that will automatically import from HealthFit because mine is defined as “Oxygen Saturation?”

1 Like

HealthFit would need to specifically support uploading that to the Intervals.icu API. It is quite possible that it does so you should try see if you can turn it on.

Awesome thanks @david, looks like it actually does import correctly even with the different naming conventions.

1 Like

Hello,

Wondering if someone has created a code to add the wellness ratings together and track them on the fitness chart. Give a total score. Higher the score the lower the rating. I like to track athlete subjective feedback and having a rating might help as well. I then can give training advice for example wellness score < 6 Green light for training vs wellness score > 16 red light. Is this possible? It would be great to compare vs CIL and Loads.
Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 8.33.06 AM

Computed wellness fields are on the todo list. Likewise script defined fitness charts.

4 Likes

Garmin is about to introduce Nap Tracking on a number of watches:

3 Likes

@david

I would also like an overview on the topic of Overreaching like @Jeff_Schiller1. This would obviously work with ‘Computed wellness fields’.

However, I could also imagine the following:

The various factors one wants to consider would all be displayed in a bar chart. Now, the problem is that the ‘wellness fields’ are unitless. Therefore, it is not possible to simply stack the individual bars on top of each other.

How about an option that ignores the units of the individual ‘Plots’? Then one could create a view similar to ‘time in zone’.

It would also be important that this works with the ‘custom wellness fields’ as well.