Custom Stream not displayed

I am using a custom Connect IQ field to record data from a second power meter (testing an XCadey crank from Aliexpress along side my usual Assioma). The field records two custom streams into the fit file - Power2 and Candence2. And while the former is read and displayed just fine on a chart, the latter is missing no matter what I tried.

CQ field - Connect IQ Store | Free Watch Faces and Apps | Garmin
Sample intervals.icu activity - Intervals.icu
Sample GC activity - Garmin Connect

I have fixed this and will deploy Friday AM (GMT+2). Some time ago, long before custom activity streams, I put in a hack to prevent Cadence2 being picked up instead of cadence.

1 Like

Hello David,

Today, I have noticed that the Power and Power2 (custom field) graphs were identical, even though there certainly was quite a bit of discrepancy between the two power meters during the ride.

On closer inspection, looks like Intervals picked the Power2 data and used as “native Power” - all power related averages over the entire activity are quite a bit lower than those from Strava or Garmin Connect.

One curious thing… today, my main power meter would not connect for the first few minutes of the ride and I had to force reconnect it manually. Could this be the reason?

Dorin.

Today activity - Intervals.icu

You need to do Actions → Settings and change the power field. This will be remembered for future activities. If none has been set then Intervals.icu will use the first field that appears to have power. So your power meter not connecting caused the problem.

1 Like