Custom Chart Axis Request

Gotta start with a big thanks for this awesome site! I built a custom chart with heart rate on the left axis and power on the right axis. Both axis have min/max defined: Heart rate 100 to 170 and power -100 to 400. I have done this so that every activity is consistent. However, some of my early activities did not have heart rate, and on those charts the power flips to the left, using the heart rate min/max. As a result these activities are not scaling correctly. Can we “lock” the plots to the left axis, right axis or “fit”?

This is what I want (includes heart rate data)

Example without heart rate data:

1 Like

Thanks! I have fixed this bug.

Wow!! Thanks very much!!! That’s perfect.

1 Like

@david
Hi David
Would it be possible please to allow the user to choose their own moving average time rather than the default 60s when creating a custom chart with %FTP?
I wouldn’t mind the option of having a 30s rolling average instead of the 60s or a 3s smoothing rather than the ‘as is’?
Thanks
D

1 Like

I do have that on the list. A little while ago I generalised those for the fitness charts.

4 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks @david

@david
Hi David. I’m just wondering if there is a way to hide the upper zones from a chart if they weren’t hit during a session?
As in the screenshot below - Is there a way to hide NP, Anaerobic, VO2 Max etc if those zones weren’t reached in a session?

When I add in Neuromuscular Power into the chart, the huge band that NP creates pushes all the other bands into small strips (if that makes sense)

2 Likes

on the fitness page you’d accomplish this by removing the max value from the axis - don’t know if this is already a thing here

1 Like

Thanks! Ya, that works, functionally at least, if not exactly a neat solution aesthetically.
Removing the max value causes the labels to bunch up on top of one another.

I fixed that overlapping labels bug and unused zones are hidden:

I noticed that you have manually added bars for the zones. You can actually add zone bars that will match the zones on the activity. Handy if you are viewing different athletes or when you own zones change.

2 Likes

Thanks for that fix David. Much appreciated.
As for the zones…that’s super. Never thought actually about the graph when my zones change. I will update my charts now to use zones instead of bars

How can I do that graph? In which section, where? :slight_smile:

Activities > Select an activity > Charts > Add Chart > Add Plot > %FTP

And you need to click the dot dot dot menu for the plot to edit the background and add zone bars.

1 Like

Got it, thx!

@david resurrecting an old thread. I have a custom graph with three fields - power, hr, and cadence. When I EDIT AXIS to set the left and right vertical axis ranges, only the first two plots adjust. The third plot (cadence, in this case) still seems to have the axis set to AUTO.

Additionally, is there a way to disable HRC on custom plots?

Also, having tabs like on the Fitness page but for Activities would be great!

I have added support for configuring the min and max for the 3rd (hidden) axis. I will deploy this Tues AM (GMT+2).

Not quite sure what to do about the HRRc box on the HR plot. Some people might miss it if it goes away and it’s a bit warty to add an option somewhere just to control that.

@david thanks for such a quick fix for the vertical axis. No worries on the HRC. Thanks!!!

1 Like

@david perfect, thanks!!!

1 Like