Correcting activity type of ride synced from Garmin

Trying to correct activity type of ride synced from Garmin Connect. When trying to save a pop up appears from Strava saying close. Even though activity didn’t come from Strava. It fails to accept the update to the activity type.

Can you please post a link to the activity and the correct type. Tx.

https://intervals.icu/activities/i6735030

Correct type is cycling

Aha. Intervals.icu is trying to update the activity type on Strava. I suspect you haven’t given Intervals.icu permission to do that. You can click “Permissions” in the Strava box in /settings and enable that. Or you can go change it on Strava and then do “Download old data” to update it on Intervals.icu as well.

It synched from Garmin Connect

Yes but the same activity was also received from Strava. Intervals.icu will update the Garmin one when the Strava one changes. You can control this behaviour in /settings:

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 21.47.54

Thats why there are two links on the activity:

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 21.48.51

Ah ok, I’ll take a look at that

Hi David,
I have a similar issue. After modifying in Garmin Connect 2 activities (wrong size pool and shorted a bike ride), in Garmin Connect now are ok, but intervals was not modifying them in the activities pages.
I have deleted (in intervals) but are not coming back.
There is a way to force the sync with Garmin Connect?
I do not have kinked intervals with any other platform like Strava.
Thanks
Edoardo

Garmin doesn’t update the original fit file that Intervals.icu receives. You probably need to download that from GC and use a tool to edit the pool size (Intervals.icu doesn’t support that yet). You can crop the bike ride in Intervals.icu.