Combining Planned/Actual Activities & Race Results Page

I have 2 feature requests that I’ve been thinking about lately:

First is that it’d be great if I could somehow combine or associate planned workouts with each other so they aren’t counted in duplicate. Right now I sync my TrainerRoad calendar and complete my workouts outside, which means for the rest of that day Intervals pulls the load from both the planned workout and the actual activity into my fitness graph. An additional build on this is that I often re-build the TR workouts in Intervals so that I can analyze my power output against the targets for each interval (which TR does not offer for outdoor workouts). Is there a way I can lump all these together so once an actual activity is pulled in from Strava, Intervals only uses that for totals & graphs elsewhere?

Second request is that it’d be great to be able to look back on all my past races and have a snapshot of each performance in one place. Could be as simple as a filter on the activities page, but would love to be able to see a couple key stats with each, like where I placed, w/Kg for that day, temperature, etc and compare races directly to one another.

Thanks for all the work you do on this - it’s an amazing tool!

1 Like

Tx.

Thats a bug that @James_Eastwood_Socks reported a while ago that I have been meaning to fix.

I need to think about how to compare results like you suggest. You can search for activities on the calendar (“Options”) and then open them in different browser windows. But low tech but it will help. I probably need a general “search for activities and compare” function somewhere with configurable things to compare on (like fitness page custom charts) and maybe specific traces (power, HR etc.) from each activity (overlaid or separate).

Got it, sorry I must have missed that the bug was reported already when I searched.

For the comparing results part, new tabs definitely works. My main thought is that there could also be interesting learnings around how you perform in a race and the status of your form, fitness, weight, HRRc or other metrics on that day. Seeing them all in one spot would help people be able to find trends in what influences their results.

I really like the idea of a races page - that simply lists all of the activities that are flagged as races.

To start with you could just add things like placings in the description, but it would be cool if you could enter placings properly and then the system give you your placing percentage (e.g. top 5%) for example.

1 Like

Sorry know I am very late to the party but also looking for this feature :slight_smile:

I would love a section to allow me to enter the results of a race event set in Intervals, so somewhere to save overall, gender and catagory for those races on the Race event in the app.

With regards to being able to bring up the previous performances, does it not store a relationship between the event and activity for that event, as its links them on the front interface? If it does wouldn’t that be possible to use to bring back the activites for the races you did? Then it would also be possible to filter A,B or C events.

I’ve created custom activities fields, which can be viewed on the list view.
It’s a manual input, but at least it shows for each event when captured.

1 Like