Coloured Key/Code For Gradient

On the activity page, would it be possible to show gradient as a colour across the (similar to Veloviewer), so that, I can see that, at a glance, that power reduced for a section as the gradient eased (or vice-versa; that power spiked when there was a kick in gradient).

Obviously, I can mouse over the area and see those details, but to see at a glance over the course of a longer activity/interval/effort would be useful.

EDIT - in practice, I would use it similar to the Grade Adjusted Pace in Strava over the course of a segment/interval.

I have added that to the todo list. Will have to see how it works out because gradient is fairly all over the place in the data.

+1 on this feature request

Gradient data can be very noisy indeed, there’s definitely a need for smoothing.
I would limit it only when actual barometric data is present, as GPS adjusted elevation has often big gaps and steps.

So is barometric, when there’s a (sudden) change in weather conditions. What was the other topic where we talked about this? :joy:

1 Like

Unless you’re crossing path with a hurricane, barometric pressure changes way slower than you can climb. I can show as an offset on a longer climb but should not affect grade, so it’s an error component, not noise.

I can assure you that I’ve experienced this on long high mountain climbs, like the Gavia and Stelvio.

Weather can change in minutes and your head unit will get confused.