Colour coding activities

Manual editing colours for activities (and workouts) came up on the TR forums (instead of the blue for activities that are not races). I am likely going to add this.

Then I thought I could also do this automatically based on intensity %. So light green=recovery, green=easy, yellow=moderate, orange=hard, red+orange=severe. Now what intensity percentages would make sense for each “zone” colour?

5 Likes

Cannot help. My choice of intensity appears out of the blue while doing the workout, my head turns red and I’m not too yellow to admit, sometimes, I’m green with envy when my percentages are compared to compatriots for the same workout.
( Except for today, where one of the Orange guys, Cyclo-something, had to see himself beaten … )

1 Like

My suggestion from RPE numers equals % https://maximizepotentialtx.com/blogs/sports-performance-training/the-rating-of-perceived-exertion-rpe-scale

2 Likes

Just remember that a large percentage of males are red/green colour blind. Some of us on the really bad end, like me, can only read the writting in the bottom two boxes as the rest are a basicly solid black.

That colours i provided they are WCAG 2 AA Compliant, but in cases like yours do not know really what can be done. Maybe just the numbers?

Speaking of colours, I quite like what xert and zwift are doing with colours in graphs. Not sure how usable it would look in thumbnails in the calendar, but it’s quite a nice visualization and easy to tell on glance how hard the ride/workout was.

for zwift it’s
z1 = grey
z2 = blue
z3 = green
z4 = yellow
z5 = orange
z6+ = red

zwift:

xert:

Wow that bad. This will be optional and the text on colour bar will be white as it is now. Hopefully that is readable at least.

1 Like

Tx. I could add that as an option on the ride timeline chart. Its now on the todo list.

1 Like

@david my level of colour blindless is on the extreme level so I would not be all that worried. i would not that most males are color blind to one extent or another . Regrardless I can so far either read or make out everything so all good.

1 Like

Something similar to this just got done.

4 Likes

Could we have yellow as an option in the drop down when picking activities please?

Yellow is live now. Meant to do that ages ago!

1 Like