Changing strava email

Hello David,

for safety reasons, I am removing an old email from several accounts.

Strava email is my email address A

If I change it to email address B in my Strava parameters, will it completely break the link to intervals.icu ? Is it easy to setup it back ? Thanks

Strava doesn’t give out email via their API. They used to when I started Intervals.icu bit not for at least a year now. So changing your email on Strava won’t impact Intervals.icu.

1 Like

Hi David,

How can I edit the email of my account ? Thanks

You can go to https://www.strava.com/settings/email_change

thank you but I already have changed my email in strava

Go to ‘Settings’ and change your email address there by clicking on the pencil besides it…

sorry but I feel dumb on this one :wink:

Aha. You need to change it in /settings in Intervals.icu. You might need to logout of the forum and re-login after doing that to get it to update in the forums.

That, I didn’t know :sunglasses:

Sorry for not being clear on that, but that was what I meant.

this is what I call my post on-syndrome… brain is in the fog ;+)

1 Like

And I have no written post on call properly. The nail is in the coffin of my cognitive abilities for today :sleeping:

I have a similar issue. Having changed email in strava, I sign into interval with strava but its not updated. I cannot change the password in intervals.icu in the forum or settings.

It says ;primary
Email can be updated from authentication provider. Never shown to the public.

Do I need to setup a new intervals account?

Your email on Intervals.icu is separate to whatever is on Strava. You need to login and then change it on Intervals.icu. Then logout of the forums and login again and it should update.

Thanks David,. All good. I was being blind. doh. :slight_smile: