Change Zwift Activity Date

Hello

When I upload a zwift cycling/running FIT file, the date often is not correct. This is an issue with zwift and the date is usually a day or two off. It is correct in zwift, but usually wrong in garmin, training peaks, and intervals ICU. In garmin and training peaks, I can easily change the date of the activity.

How can i do the same in intervals ICU? I have not figured out how to move the activity or change the date.

you could use fitfiletools.com but that brings it’s own set of issues ([Solved] FitFileTools.com broke Laps -> Did "Use Laps" Break? - #3 by app4g)

For zwift, I think the issue is due to timezone, namely the timezone in which it was recorded in (at the island etc) and since it’s a Entire world can join at that location thing, your timezone would be “at that GPS location”

This sounds ridiculous, so you’re probably spot on :rofl:

Thank you for responding. It sounds like there is not an easy way to change the activity date and i will have to work around the issue.

Maybe in a future update that functionality will be included.

My Zwift start time is the same in all apps, and I have 3-4 activities per week from Zwift.

I manually upload from the workout folder, on the laptop, to Intervals.

Edit- I tried importing a file from the workout folder, but the file is in .ZWO format. How do i upload that format or should i change the extension to .FIT?

Thanks Gerald, I have not tried uploading from the workout folder; i typically export the FIT file from ZWIFT. I will give that a try moving forward.

I would imagine it’s the same file.

Intervals.icu uses your timezone from /settings if the imported file doesn’t contain timezone info (e.g. Zwift). Is that set correctly?

Yes, i just checked and the timezone it is set correctly.

I should also mention, about half of my workouts export from Zwift correctly to Garmin and Intervals ICU. On the Zwift side, the date is correct, but for some reason many of the FIT file has the wrong date.

I do not think this an issue with Garmin or intervals ICU, only an issue with Zwift FIT files. I have reached out them about it.

I have been using zwift for a few years. The issue on incorrect dates started in the past 4-5 months.

I would like to be able to change the date after the activity if it is imported incorrectly (that is how i fix it in Garmin).

Could you please post a link to an incorrect one. I want to see what is in the fit file. Tx.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wpoZI27HpvSnBu4yAn8sdpzuQgoIZZg8/view?usp=sharing

This ride was done on Feb 1, but imports as Jan 31.

FYI- I used fit file tools to successfully change the date on several activities. Thanks for the suggestion.

using fitfiletools to change date will also change other things (like laps to all have the same start time, so your laps within the fit file would be useless of sorts)

I posted this link above

Gotcha- after importing the new FIT file i did not notice any anomalies, but i do not really use the lap function.

As long as it is on the right day, so i can monitor my weekly time in HR zones.

2 Likes

What activity are you choosing in Garmin or other apps? I’ve found if you use VIrtual it’s usually correct, but if you load it as cycling or running, the time is off.

I have added support for changing the date and time of an activity. Just click the date:

2 Likes

That’s awesome, Thank you very much!

1 Like