Cardiac Drift for Running

David - the cardiac drift feature is great for cycling workouts. Would it be possible to add this feature for running workouts using pace and heart rate.

This is useful for finding the aerobic threshold (pace or heart rate) for running, where one can do a 1 hour or longer run on a flat course holding a steady hr, and compare the ratio for pace / hr for the 1st half to the 2nd half to see if decoupling is less than 5% to identify if the run was done in the aerobic range.

1 Like

I have added this to the todo list. This site still has more for cycling than running (ahem, I only do cycling) but I do plan to sort that out as soon as I can. I need to build/get a GAP model for running and do lots of other stuff (pace vs HR charts etc etc.).

4 Likes

Hi david, is there an update on this? Or do we already have a way to measure pace? I didn’t see anything when I was making my charts. If there is one, please let me know!

There are some Custom Activity Fields (3 at least) that calculate the decoupling based on GAP:

1 Like

hi @Radvocaat , im not able to see any charts when looking for “dec” on my run :frowning:

Can you tell me where you found those? I can’t find those when looking manually , either

I think you have to look at the (custom) fields. It is a metric.

1 Like

Ah got it :slight_smile: Thank you @Radvocaat !! I got it now :smiley:

1 Like