BreakAway: Indoor Training feature requests

Hi David,

Can you add the option to continue the training at the end of the workout before the Candy crush ads appears. As Zwift, you can add a 10 sec delay with the option before the screen switch for the ads.

Thank you in advance

Joris

Hi,

I’m the developer of BreakAway: Indoor Training. Do you mean you want to continue with another round of training AFTER the 1st workout has finished?

You can certainly do that once the ad finishes. (This is also where the background processes kick in to process the data, generates the FIT file, uploads to the various services all behind the scenes)

I’m working on getting the option to remove ads altogether and will be available in the near future.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I’m mean when the initial workout is done, can we have the option to continue the training as free ride (I know it could be tricky without a map to follow a “denivelation”) or giving the option to set an specific intensity, Z2 for example before the processes kick in to generate the FIT file.

Very nice news about the ads!

Thanks!

1 Like

There is an option to extend the last interval as a cooldown by up to 15mins.

Or you could also use these toggle buttons at the bottom when you SLIDE up the START button before the workout is completed. These buttons can be pressed multiple times to extend the current interval. eg: +5m Press 10x = 50m additional

Hello,

Thank for your feedback. Unfortunately, using the toggle buttons during a workout to extend a interval does not work on my iPad. I’m pressing the button but no extension time.

Also, from the last update (Rev 89) the app is crashing at the end of the workout. Fortunately, the workout is automatically saved my it is not upload. I have to send it to my email and upload manually.

iPad 7th gen with iPadOS 17.4.1

Thank you,

The app crashing at end of workout - fixed in my development branch. Workaround currently is to enable the Virtual GPS option. (If you’ve enabled it and it still crashes, please let me know)

You can do a (forced) Re-sync by going into the history tab and swipe left on the workout, It will present an option to do a sync.

Regarding extension of interval, You mean you want to extend the very LAST interval and not an interval in between correct?

eg:
-10m Z5
-10m Z1 <<-- you want to extend this interval

yeah… I just tried it and it’s not extend-able you’re right. There’s a reason I didn’t enable this, which I can’t remember what currently, so looks like you have to enable the “Extend Cooldown Interval” option instead.

Hello,

I disabled the Virtual GPS option and try on my next workout. I let you know if it’s crashing again. Thanks for your advice.

Then about the internal extension.
I tried to follow your instruction without doing a workout to see if it’s working and I found something:
I’m able to extend the current interval as need (In the train panel) if I enable in the settings “extend warmup interval” or “extend cooldown interval” for any duration option. Extending the current interval while you are pedaling is working as long as a time duration between warmup or cooldown is selected in the setting option.
It is clear enough to be understandable what I’m trying to explain?

You need to ENABLE this option for it not to crash.
you can just do a “demo mode” to check if it crashes.

You should NOT need to enable the “extend warmup interval” or “extend cooldown interval” for the buttons in the TRAIN panel to work.

The +10s +1m +5m buttons would work for any current interval (other than the very last interval)

hmm… I just tested it myself and the Extend Cooldown interval doesn’t work. WILL FIX.

so, looks like currently the only workaround is to create the extension within your original workout until I get the “Extend Cooldown interval” fixed. :pray:

This must’ve got broken w/ I added the +5s/+1m buttons on the TRAIN panel. (I’ll see if I can also make the +1m/+5s button to also work on the last interval - or figure out why I didn’t want/can’t enable it)

About the app crashing at the end of the workout, the Virtual GPS Map was enable while the app is crashing.

About the extend current interval, you true, every interval is extendable except the last one before the end.

Now I think I used my free ride time, a popup appeared to said I have 50m remaining this month. How many minute we have by month and how I can extend the time?

Thanks

oh no! This is definitely something new. can you share the workout used as my testing the crash happens because it is expecting Speed/Dist/Virtual GPS data? (you can PM me if you do not want to make it public) or any other details of the workout.

I’ll also check the Apple Crash Logs. (hopefully you’ve enabled sending logs to Developer. It is only sent if you, the user, allows it)

Settings → Privacy & Security-> Analytics & improvements → Share iPhone Analytics (enabled) + Share w/ App Developer (enabled)

New Users are allocated 5hours, after that its 1hr before you need medals. (which you can get by viewing ads / In-App-purchase - TQ For supporting the app!!)

I need to retract this. It is working. The “Extend Cooldown Interval” option only kicks in when the existing interval goes to 0 seconds. When this workoutTimeRemain = 0, then “extend cooldown interval” kicks in and adds the +15m/+10m/+5m.

I’ll need to still figure out how / if possible to enable the +5s/+1m etc buttons on the TRAIN panel to work for the last interval.

Do you need the workout set in interval.icu or the fit file?

just the workout set. Just want to see the intervals and if I can use that to replicate on my side.

eg:
-10m 50%
-10m 80%

or however it goes…

I found another possible issue when dealing with the end of workout and thats pertaining to how I handle the last lap.

Or can you try out any of of the “ZZZ-DEMO-xx” bundled workout in demo mode and see if it will crash.

Tx

I sent some crash logs on your email address: app4g.devel@gmail.com.

1 Like