BreakAway: Indoor Training App Now with Intervals.icu Calendar integration (Workout Of The Day)

I’ll read the article later, but i think I HAVE read it before… (heading out on a ride)
But… after spending the last 2hr looking at the code, I think I found a bug… I was not sending user weight correctly to the trainer. I tot I did, but i was sending the raw kg, instead of a converted one.

Just tested and there’s a diff between 25kg @10% and 75kg@10%. I can turn the pedals MUCH easier w/ 25kg

More to come…

1 Like

Hi @app4g, tested!!!

New versión worksssssssss :ok_hand:t2: :+1:t2:, resistance changes below 5% a lot, actually it was harder than I was expecting :sweat_smile: Today I had to use a 3% slope to get 160w in the middle of the cassette.

Definitely you’ve found the issue, now I have to play with the realism slider! jeje

Thanks for your support!!! Very good!

2 Likes

Fantastic News…

In other news… I think I’ve finished up on a version that supports Automated Slope Mode (That includes power target graphics)

Gonna be using the “cues” prompt to provide instructions on what slopes to use.
As you see below, I’m using

#x.x% SLOPE#

to do the instructions. Currently i only supports FLAT resistance, and not a ramp. (tackling ramp today, just need to get the logic correct for deciphering the “-” eg: #1.5%-2.3% SLOPE#

You should see a BETA soon. (If not for one that supports slope ramp, but at least the flat slope)

I agree… It’s feels much harder vs actual outdoors even tho from a watts perspective, it’s actually what I would produce doing those climbs outdoors.

No Side to Side Sway Maybe? Lack of Tailwind?

Been using this app for a few weeks now, it’s great! Love the pay-as-you-go model, and the rate is very cheap.

The only thing I wish for is an auto-pause feature as I always accidentally leave it running when I turn on my fan or use the washroom.

Thanks!

2 Likes

For me, there are several factors:

• Temperature & Ventilation in PainCave
  • Hydration
  • Inertia of the flywheel (physical or virtual)
  • ERG Mode
  • Motivation
  • Movement of the bike attached to trainer

Most people produce more watts outdoor vs indoor in a range that could vary between 1-5%.

Ventilation is one of the big gripe for me, as well as the possible lack of side to side.

Anyways, finishing up on automated ERG+SLOPE mode which also includes the slope % in the “heads up display” as well as included into the Cues (tho for this, I’m contemplating removing it entirely cos it just looks “off” w/ the # )

This is how the above workout looks like in the workout builder

Not sure how exactly to do this… Should I base it on

• cad
    – sometimes I coast… esp during recoveries… so not ideal
  • power
    – sometimes I coast… esp during recoveries… so not ideal
  • flywheel speed
    – seems most promising, but some trainers will take up to 30++ secs before flywheel speed goes down. (currently when “spiral of death” is enabled, flywheel speed <4m/s will then auto reduce the ERG Power

These are some reasons why i didn’t put this option there.

I just read that Zwift added a new “coffee stop” option but it expires in 3mins but this is also a manual button press

TQ for your ongoing support. :pray:

The current Rate is the ongoing promo rate. (been there for close to 10+ months I think. Do stock up if needed)

I’m thinking of adding other options in future as Ad Revenue is unsustainable (<USD50 over past 3 years vs USD99/yr (USD297) paid to apple. Really bleeding $).

Told myself when I started this journey, I give myself 3 years… Time is about up

Yeah, I see the problem. I can just train myself to press the button :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

There is a real lack of apps for people who don’t care about racing or social aspects and just want something to control the erg and run the workout. You basically have an app as good as TrainerRoad which they charge $20/month for.

Maybe DC Rainmaker would do a review and get some you some exposure:

I wrote a Running Data Field Link to 367RunField for Garmin that utilises Cadence and/or GPS to detect if users are not moving. I call it a RestTimer and it was used primarily to track time spent at aid stations (Trail Run). I lost top 10 once due to this.

But if you’ve got suggestions, i’m ears…

Thanks! If only I know how to use AI to build workouts…

Please do “share w/ the world” Lack of exposure if most definitely an issue. But that’s what I get when there’s no marketing budget and/or knowhow.

I think I tried him and smartbikereview ¯\ (ツ)

But thanks…

Hi @app4g,

I have observed the following with beta version 68.9:

1. Resistance Mode does not work as before if I load any workout from intervals, it changes automatically to ERG mode when I select any workout. In previous versions, I could load the workout and it appears in the graph while the training was in progress.

Does it change this?

1. In ERG mode, the file in history is saved as tcx file, not .fit file. Should not be .fit?

Thanks and Regards!

Tito

And this is a question… I know there is a restriction when using the mobile in landscape mode… But this is normal?

Is it possible to show a little bit more fields?

Thanks again!

I check. Indeed something wrong here, but the file is actually a FIT file. New version changed the file naming to include distance and time. I found this bug only exists when you mail the file to yourself. Fix

Have Fix.

What phone is that? You shouldn’t see the PAGE1/PAGE2/PAGE3 in this view. It shuld be hidden on rotate to landscape. has this always been this way or just this new version?

Due to lack. of space, you can only see the first 6 data fields (but if you swipe the screen, you can get to PAGE1/PAGE2/ etc…)

This is a “feature” which has now turned into a bug w/ the adding of Resistance mode and also “auto” resistance mode using "#3% SLOPE# commands in the workout builder.

if a workout has not started, changing smart trainer modes WILL clear up current workout from view.

when workout HAS started, changing smart trainer mode will NOT clear up current workout from view. Hence, in this case, workaround for now is to start the workout, then switch to resistance mode.

OR… use the #3% SLOPE# for automated ERG+SLOPE

I’ll take a look at what can be done…
Edit: Okay, reverted. Workouts from Intervals.icu will NOT auto trigger a change in smart trainer mode. It will retain the User Defined Trainer Mode. Hence, if it’s an ERG mode, and user has set it as RESIST, the +/- button will default to changing SLOPE and NOT erg wattage.

This will have un-intended consequences if user doesn’t have SLOPE % as a data field when user presses the +/- button and nothing changes in the ERG POWER target.

Need some visual clue… suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Do you think it will work with the Garmin RD pod?

I don’t think so. It doesn’t support Bluetooth as far as I can tell. Does it? Not that I see from Amazon / Garmin listings.

ok. thanks. I will try once I have access to a treadmill.

Happened more then once now that I have to re-authenticate my Strava account. Is this a bug?

And is it possible to push the workout to Garmin Connect ? Have to manually download the fit file now and import in into GC. Not that big of a problem :smiley: But would be nice if it happens automatically .

You dont need access to determine if it works.
to determine if the garmin RD pod has bluetooth, you can use an app like “BLE Hero”/“NRF Connect” and see if it can see it.

It’s possible. I’ve had a few issues which I’ve “thought” i’ve ironed out, most of the time it’s due to users not logging/using the app frequent enough and/or internet is not available. Strava provides an authentication token that lasts only 6hours. The app will request for a new token when it’s <1hr remaining but will continue to check the validity every 30m.

You can put in “logcloud” (into the Developer Box in SETTINGS) and see if it catches the error and then send me the logs.

It’s interesting that you are asking/commenting about this. Few things, to be transparent to you of course.

1. Garmin ONLY offers completed workout uploads to SELECT enterprise customers (Zwift / TrainerRoad / Tacx App / Rouvy). Even intervals.icu doesn’t have the permission to upload. (Additionally, last I heard was they want USD5000 for access)

2. I’ve also been looking for ways to get (completed) workout upload done. Cos Now, I’m dual recording because I want training load calculation and all the associated stuffs (not sure about VO2Max/Training Status)
    – However, dual recording doesn’t give me Speed / Distance etc.
    – I’ve even wanted to try re-broadcasting the speed data to the Garmin, but Garmin in all their expertise, decided to NOT allow private Bluetooth sensors access.

1. So after all that, I decided to find out how apps like RunGap does it. So, it seems like they are just faking themselves as users manually logging into GC, then Pressing the Upload Link, then proceeding to upload.

After quite a bit of work, finally managed to get it to work. Also managed to fake it such that you can also earn Garmin Badges :-p (Literally just this morning.) But there’s going to be a lot of Caveats…

example - following an outdoor route Indoors.

If you’re on the BETA, you can test it in the next version.

1 Like

Here’s another dev struggling with that:

ah… yes… I was also there commenting / lamenting about that there :stuck_out_tongue: