BreakAway: Indoor Training App Now with Intervals.icu Calendar integration (Workout Of The Day)

Hey,

I still have the problems.
My Forerunner is also noticed at stryd at the sensor list. Send you the log files

That’s Odd… I presume you didn’t specifically enable Stryd FootPod support did you? It should only connect to the Stryd only if you specifically enabled that.

Can I ask what you mean by this?

From what you mentioned previously, you’re using your ForeRunner to broadcast HR data.
Are you saying that your Forerunner is connecting to the Stryd FootPod and is broadcasting the Stryd FootPod data to the App? I don’t have a Garmin that is capable of broadcasting HR via BT (only ant+) so I can’t test this particular scenario.

Anyways… will see what the log files says.

Note:Got the logs.

Looks like that is really the case, your ForeRunner is connecting to the Stryd and simultaneously broadcasting HR as well as Stryd Speed and Stryd Cadence.

The Stryd FootPod as NO Off Button. It is ALWAYS on and always connecting aggressively to anything that it can pair with. Even Stryd (the company) themselves recommend that users disable the Stryd connection Manually each time from the “Paired sensor list”. (This is the reason why I specifically disabled Stryd FootPod from automatic connection unless explicitly enabled via a switch. But looks like this switch is ignored when the data is coming from a paired watch)

HR Based Workouts are now supported

Hi @Alessandro_Cella

This is in the works. I can have a BETA if you’re interested to test. (I’m still testing it. No Slope based Ramp support tho

-1m ramp 1-5% (not supported)
-1m 1% (supported)

Slope Based Ramps are also supported now (limited to <= 10% Slope Targets)

This new feature will be released to the App Store in the next release cycle.

Tried the latest iOS build. Power not working on wahoo kicker snap. No settings possible. Just the sign that trainer is coupled + reload Bluetooth

That’s Odd. I have a few Kickr Snap users and not heard any issues thus far.
The Trainer is coupled as FEC-Trainer or FTMS Trainer?
Any other sensors connected? Cadence? Power Meter Pedals?

In any case, please help to enable logging and send the logs to me (app4g dot devel@gmail.com).

Please enter “loglevel10”(no quotes) within the SETTINGS tab on the developer Text Field (all the way at the bottom of the SETTINGS tab).

Once this is done, please wait ~10sec for the settings to take effect, then Kill the app from the background.

After this:

Start the App
Wait for the app to connect to all your sensors
Once all sensors are connected, execute a workout
Pedal for a while, maybe 1min+ for it to gather some data
Stop, Save the workout.
The Logfile will get generated and will be in the HISTORY tab as a plain text file. I think it should be called as DebugLog.txt. You should be able to tap on the filename in the HISTORY tab and it would prompt out a Mail Client (only apple mail supported). Otherwise, you can use the Files App / Auto Upload to DropBox / iTunes File Sharing to send me the file.

TQ and we’ll see what is happening and fix it.

Done. P/m’Ed you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very confusing to see there are two cycling apps called Breakaway…

Yes it is… I can only say that “i was there first” (at least I think I am)

BreakAway: Indoor Training - First Release: Nov 20, 2020 (from my records, but App Store Version history shows earliest is Jun 2021) << The Correct One

The BreakAway Cycling Training - App Store Version History shows earliest release May 2 2022, Twitter page shows joined Dec 2020

The ‘other’ breakaway was on Faster Cycling Podcast a while ago

‘Breakaway, Data Analysis, Motivation, & Workout Recommendations For Cyclists’

I was only half listening as I was out on my bike and can’t actually hear podcasts well but for a while I was super confused as I was like ‘blimey, that app gained traction fast’

I’m an android user so not tried the ‘true’ app but looks very cool

+1 for android :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1 for android

3 Likes

App updated w/ even heavier integration w/ Intervals.icu (BETA)

1 Like

Sounds very interesting regarding this BreakAway App and Stryd for indoor treadmill workouts.

I have downloaded the app via the app store, and it is great to view the Intervals.icu weekly history and graphs/charts :+1: I haven’t yet tried to do any workouts.

The one thing I would like to find out is, does your app adjust the power reading based on incline configured in a indoor run workout? I usually like to do intervals with incline to make the effort harder, and very rarely run with the treadmill on 0% incline.

i.e. Garmin Stryd Workout App in Open Run mode allows you to set the Incline, which in turn adjusts the power reading. image

So if I load a Run power workout from Intervals.icu using breakaway app and it includes incline. Will the power data reflect the harder effort? I think this would be really great if it does.

Without a Stryd Subscription they do not allow you to create your own Run workouts, however I have found that I can move an old workout in Stryd PowerCenter to todays date and sync it to the watch. Regarding the Stryd Iphone app it does have a very small library for indoor workouts, however they are not customizable and get a bit boring if doing the same ones over. Also the Stryd app does not save heart rate data and only Power which is a shame.

Happy to do a bit of testing @app4g where I can use the gym for treadmill.

Cheers

Thanks for the awesome feedback and trying out the app.
While I do have a stryd, I do not have a treadmill so I can’t do any testing w/ this combo. Also, I actually want to do / support Smart Treadmills, so that I can also control / get the data from the treadmill much like a smart trainer.

DO you have access to a Smart Treadmill?

W/ regard to incline, currently everything Is at 0% I would think. I just report whatever the Stryd Pod is sending out as Power. I actually do not know / understand how the Stryd Mobile App works w/ regards to incline. Does the Stryd actually report (broadcast) a different power or is the Stryd Mobile app just doing some fancy calculation to include the Slope Incline % and displays (and writes that power to the FIT file)

Do you know?
Are you able to test?

top of my head thinking…
Test1:

1. Garmin w/ 367RunFields (Connect IQ Store | Free Watch Faces and Apps | Garmin) - also my app. I report actual power send out by
    the Stryd Pod (Stryd is connected as Power and FootPod in Garmin Sensors) - connect as ANT+

2. Stryd Mobile app - connect as Bluetooth to Styrd

3. do a indoor treadmill workout. Note the difference in Power between the Garmin vs the Stryd Mobile app w/ say 5% incline (just pick something that you know will make a bigger difference in the power numbers - easy to see difference)

If the above test shows that eg:
Garmin Stryd Power = 100w
Stryd Mobile App Power = 150w

then we know that Stryd Mobile app is basically using the Slope to report a new Power number. (but… and here’s the big BUT, how is this value calculated? is it as simple as https://support.stryd.com/hc/en-us/articles/4428757884055-Understanding-Percent-Incline-in-the-Stryd-Treadmill-Experience)

edit: looks like, i got my answer… https://support.stryd.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001658293-Why-does-my-power-not-go-up-if-I-increase-the-treadmill-incline-

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have access to a smart treadmill though either.

Hi @app4g
I cannot get a power reading on my Elite qubo fluid / misuro B+ trainer. I’m only getting speed and cadence and I’m almost sure that I was getting proper power values last time I used the app which was more than year ago.
I have the correct trainer model selected under “speed to power translation“ if that makes any difference? Just for reference Zwift and RGT seems to be working without any issues.

The MisuroB+ is supposed to be sending out the Power Data hence there should’t be any need to do Speed to Power. At least that’s my understanding.

On the SETTINGS Page, does the B+ Show up? or rather, what is shown as connected?

if you would indulge me, can you send me some logs?

Please input “loglevel10” (w/o qoutes) into the DEVELOPER box
It would be best to ensure that you turn OFF your B+ first and only turn it on when you’ve entered the “loglevel10” to give the app a chance to log the connection.

After that, just let the app connect to the sensors/ trainer etc and then do a few spins on it. something like 10-20s would suffice just to collect some trainer data packets.

Then email me the 'Debuglog" file from the HISTORY page.

Tx