Best pace achievements for running et al

This one of the references:

With excel I am using this Polynomial Curve Fit:
P3 = -1.23566E-11 P2 = 1.22747E-05 P = 0.0002741 C = 0.000294794

Y=P3X3^3 + P2X^2+P *X + C

Using this adjustment is only for (Dew point + Temperature(f) ) above 100.
The input X is (Dew point + Temperature(f) -100) . The output Y is the adjusting factor for the pace needed in percentage.

was this too crazy? my 5K PR is not displayed as it was capture as 4.99K, it’d be interesting to have the opposite of “ignore pace” , meaning “include pace” for those workouts that came to ICU as 4.99 instead of 5K, this or as you said, when you fix the distance to 5k in ICU it´s taken into consideration for pace efforts and not just the UI showing 5K as the distance

I would need to add better support for editing data for this. You would need to add on an extra data point to make up to 5k distance to get it recorded as a PR. I have put this on the todo list.

If you can find a tool to let you edit the last data point of your run you could do that so long.

is it possible to do remove a single pace achievement alone instead of marking the whole activity as ignore from pace records?
reason for this is I have a 100 meters pace achievement that was basically a GPS issue, but also in the same activity I have a legit 5K time I’d like to keep?

thx

1 Like

You might be able to crop it to exclude the 100m bit?

I can try that but it will have an impact on the total time of the workout wouldn’t and ultimately impacting the legit 5K time? Is it feasible to add option to dismiss an auto detected pace achievement when GPS goes bad like in my case? Thx

It’s a bit more complicated than just removing the achievement. Those are generated from the stored distance/time curve for the activity. Even if the achievement was gone the 100m time would remain on the curve and mask future real 100m PBs.

For power you could just edit the power trace for the activity. It’s much harder to do something like that for pace.

I see, thx for the comment.
If it’s not feasible, then I’ll have to decide whether to dismiss the workout or stop tracking 100 pace achievements I guess, I’m not a sprinter either.
It was just nice to have best pace times from short distances too(eg 100 and 200)

Today another bad windy day and pace achievements to discard during an easy recovery run :slight_smile:

Nice Run - Intervals.icu!

[Thu 01 December 17:06]

• Best 100m for the season: 0m7s at 1:10/km!
  • Best 200m for the season: 0m21s at 1:45/km!