Best effort segment is not highlighted on the map when a cursor leaves a power segment

Hi David,
I’ve found a small bug.
When a power in the panel (1) is hovered or clicked, a corresponding segment (2) is highlighted on the map. But when I move a cursor in order to zoom a map, that segment is no longer highlighted which makes it impossible to recognize a segment and analyze it on the map.
Suggestion - it’d be convenient to add a map to Activity Power view, so that you could click there on some effort you are interested in and that effort would be shown on the map.
(The logic of displaying of power intervals in the top panel is unclear for me so far.)

The segments displayed on top are new season best efforts. You will see them on the Fitness chart too.

When the mouse pointer moves over the charts, the highlighting disappears and only the exact position corresponding to the pointer position is seen. I sort of agree that it would be nice to keep the highlighting of that effort, so that it becomes possible to zoom and still see were that segment started and stopped.

1 Like

The zoomed section is now highlighted in blue on the map:

4 Likes

I see, but durations are weird - 47s, 4m32s and so on. Is that configurable?

It’s the auto-detected intervals

Hmm… I just can’t see any value of such kind of data. I don’t quite understand how 1m43s interval can be useful. May be there is some hidden meaning in that :slight_smile: @david Could you please clarify?

As @MedTechCD mentioned, it’s an auto-detect feature that has been around since the very beginning of Intervals.icu.

The duration is based on the effort(s) on a ride, which is why it can vary. Unless you’re doing a structured workout, eg. 4x8m @ x% of FTP, the intervals picked up by this application will vary. A race is similar, as there could be lots of short, hard efforts.

1m43s might not be relevant, but it does show what effort (intensity) and how long it was for.

1 Like

It means that you have improved your PDC curve for that duration. To me that is an important fact. It might lead to a new eFTP.

As Gerald says they work out better if you are actually doing some intervals. The ones underneath with purple bolts are new season best efforts. These only use your best effort durations as configured on the /power tab.

1 Like