Just a quick question: Do I have to enter HRV and RHR every time manually or is there a way, that this is read out from intervals, when I syncronized my health data with intervals. At the website it appears to be neccessary, that I enter it manually.
If you get HRV from a 3rd-party source, then you don’t need to enter anything manually as it should be there. The application looks for any missing wellness data and prompts you to complete it.
However, timing is important.
The default “check-in” time is 09:00 (your local time) each day. So the sync between your Intervals data and any 3rd-party application needs to be completed before the check in time. That is why the daily time schedule is configurable, to allow it to suit when you’re ready to check in.
Some additional context:
I use HRV4Training, as my HRV measuring device-application. I take a reading each morning and complete the subjective questions on that application. As I have other wellness fields that aren’t pMart of the HRV4T process, I can either complete it on Intervals, or wait for the 09:00 check in.
While not a coaching application, it is based on my experience as a coach. Subjective feeling is important when making a decision to following the training plan, and relying on data alone can be misleading. Add the two together and you have more information to make a decision.
A heads up to anyone using the application that WhatsApp, as the UI for wellness data, RPE/Feel and the ImReady4 training readiness, will be replaced by a progressive web app (PWA). Functionality remains the same, and your data will still be updated in Intervals.icu after you complete your daily check-in.
The reason is based on cost. Today, Meta are changing how they charge for messages. Previously it was free as long as it was within a 24-hour conversation window, plus a $0.005 charge per message. Also, athletes in the EU are charged 3x more than other regions, so this change is purely based on keeping costs down. I’ve spent $40 so far, on costs associated with Meta, and haven’t passed this on. What was a good idea in May, is no longer feasible.
I started this morning with my phone (iOS) to test, and the connection flow works. The web app is required to allow notifications to be sent. So instead of a series of WhatsApp notifications/conversations, it will show as a notification. You click/touch the notification and you’ll see a view of the same “missing” data fields showing, all in one screen (scrolling required if you have multiple metrics). Then submit.
iOS and Android operate slightly differently, in terms of initial setup, but thereafter it will be much the same. I hope to complete this by next week, by which time the credits pre-loaded should be closer to a zero balance.
The UI to replace WhatsApp communication for the wellness, RPE/Feel and comments plus the ImReady4 training readiness is complete, tested, and working on iOS devices.
It currently only works for me, as I still need to create the “Get App” code that will send users an email with a one-time URL that you then use for a one-time setup. If you lose this url, or change phones, you need to follow the revoke and replace process.
The Progressive Web App needs to be installed, by using the “Add to Home Screen” process. Notifications need to be enabled.
Thereafter, the same daily notification comes through, but instead of back and forth WA messaging, you can do this on a single view webpage. Who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks? It’s been fun learning new skills, and I hope this new process makes the experience better for everyone.
DMs have been sent to all athletes currently using WhatsApp as the communication tool. You need to migrate to the progressive web app (PWA) to continue using:
Daily wellness check-ins
RPE/Feel and comments
ImReady4
It works on both Android and iOS, and is fully functional.