Athletes Page Tab for tracking planned activities

Hi,
As a running coach who usually sets workouts for athletes from a couple of days to a week in the future, I need to keep track of who I have planned workouts for and how far in the future.
I currently use a separate spreadsheet showing a row for each athlete and columns for each day. If I have planned everything for an athlete for the next 5 days, I fill in those days to show green (default is red).
It’s an easy way to quickly visualise my planning and make sure I don’t get behind with anyone.
I would love a feature that could automatically do this to save me using the spreadsheet.
I was thinking a new Tab on the Athlete page, similar to the compliance tab, but showing the next 1 or 2 weeks as apposed to the previous 2 weeks, and having it indicate what days have sessions planned. It doesn’t necessarily need to show details, just a yes or no is enough (or green/red) :blush:.
Hopefully, this wouldn’t be too hard to add and many others could it useful.
Cheers
Glen

2 Likes

I have added a “Plan” tab to the /athletes page as you suggest. It shows the next 2 weeks (1 on mobile, 3 if you have a really big screen).

You can click the cells to see the workouts (and races) like on the compliance tab.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s great, thank you. Clicking to see the workouts is amazing.

I’ve attached a pic of how I currently keep a record of who has workouts planned.
As you can see from that it’s very easy at a glance to see who I need to add workouts for.

Would it be possible to have the days where there isn’t anything planned stand out more? (like the red in my spreadsheet). No problems if not as I’m sure i’ll get the hang of it very quickly as I add sessions.
Also, (I realise this one’s probably asking a bit much), could there be a couple of options… one as is with the workout times, and another similar to how I have it with a simple yes or no (or tick/cross) for days that have something entered in them.

Again, thank you so much for this (and everything else on this amazing platform). I’m gradually brining across all my athletes. I’m mostly focused on Trail and Ultra running and it’s working really well for me so far :blush:

Cheers
Glen.

That’s great! I’ve seen quite a lot of new stuff recently!

Would it be possible to see also the current week? Or maybe that you would be able to say for what dates do you want to see the info for. I like the distrubution of these 4 tabs, I’m asking that mainly to be able, as a coach, to have a quick glance to all the atheletes and see who has a race this weekend for example.

The feature that you can see the workout once you click on it is great!

You can see the current week on the compliance tab. That is why I went with just future weeks on this.

@Glen_Smetherham I will make some tweaks tomorrow

I made some tweaks to make the empty days stand out more on the plan tab. I tried lots of things but anything big (e.g. filling cells green/red) looks terrible and clashes with the existing red used for races. If anyone with designer skills feels like it please try tweak the CSS with the inspector post screenshots.

That does stand out a lot more. Thank you.

Would an option to choose detailed or basic work to prevent the clashing?
When detailed is selected, it would keep as it is with types and times for workouts and include races, but if basic was selected it would just have one row per athlete with just a green tick if something is entered for the day. That way, it would be easier at a glance to see empty days.

Thanks again for adding this option and the changes you have made :pray:.

@david
Would it be possible to still have the current week? Or, as Jordi mentioned above, set dates (or toggle current week).
I know you mentioned above that it is in the compliance tab, which is why you went with future weeks but as that has a different purpose & view it’s not easy to see who needs sessions planned and when.
My main reasoning is that I do not have all workouts for a week set by the start of the week. I am usually adding in the second half of the week after seeing how people respond the weekends training so for example, today, most of my athletes have plans up until Wed-Fri but not after (I will add the remaining sessions over the first half of the week)
Cheers
Glen

I have added a checkbox “This Week” and will deploy Thursday AM (GMT+2).

2 Likes

Great thanks!