Age based rankings

Hmm. I will have to break out power time in zones separately to see what difference this makes. I would prefer to keep HR for people who mix up their training a bit (bike and run, or bike and MTB).

2 Likes

The first version of this is finally live!

There are still some low hanging fruit features to be done (raw power rankings instead of w/kg, put Coggan charts back).

11 Likes

With countless systems to rate us as who is better than whom at what, never including reasons, abilities and disabilities, plans and prospects, time and economic constraints, plans and effort;

In terms of setting up some kind of statistical tool to further advance possibilities and actual realization without any grading;

I believe you nailed it.

1 Like

:+1::ok_hand::v:really good!

Could you also add 60min power or make it configurable to add different time Intervalls?

Tx. Adding more durations is easy. Just need to add UX to choose which ones to show on the charts. Going to be doing all the “easy” stuff in this area this week.

2 Likes

How would you comment on the fact that eFTP values for the same percentile are generally higher than the 20m ones? I expect P_eFTP ~ 0.95 * P_20.

Is the data bad? Is the 20m protocol bad? Are people too lazy to do a 20m TT?

1 Like

That seems kind of harsh. Many people are using other variations of testing protocols e.g. ramp, 2 x 8, lactate, INSCYD, and some nothing at all but I wouldn’t use the word lazy to describe them. Especially if they are inclined to use a tool like Intervals.icu to evaluate their performances.

As Theo said eFTP will often be derived from an effort under 20m as these are much more common. This is the whole point of Intervals.icu FTP estimation. So its not surprising that 20m w/kg is lower.

1 Like

I’m happy to counter @Andrii_Magalich’s argument - you’re welcome :joy: :joy: :joy:
intervals

1 Like

Brilliant work David. Very happy!

1 Like

I see your chart doesn’t have the dots on the line? What browser are you using?

Firefox, but it’s the same on Edge… On Windows (10) machines.

It’s okay on Cliqz on my iPhone though, which is basically Firefox…

Cliqz on my Mac also doesn’t show the dots, neither does Firefox, Safari is okay…

Tx for all the testing. I should be able to fix this. I test Intervals.icu mostly on Chrome.

The one browser I do not have :joy:

I have fixed the dots bug + added watts as an option in addition to w/kg. I have to wait until Tues am to deploy (GMT+2) as there are too many people on the site right now to bounce it.

3 Likes

Edge beta (Chromium)

You can now see watts as well as 60m and 2h power. Click “Options”:

5 Likes

Currently the comparisons are against everyones power curve for the last 84 days. This is fine for durations that people do often (like 5m etc.) but not so good for 60m power. Most people don’t do a 1h TT very often. I could look at 1 year power curves. What do you guys think?

1 Like