Add resting heartrate, heart rate variability, sleep etc

Currently it expects that to be an integer so you need to round it. I think there is enough variation on the measurement side so this won’t make any difference.

1 Like

What do you think about this? If someone has a Garmin watch, you can do a three-minute test and track your HRV. I wonder if this application can be converted to Edge?
It is a pity that if you have automatic synchronization with food turned on, it also goes to strvay :frowning:
Here is an example test:

https://intervals.icu/activities/i150100

1 Like

I use this Garmin app on my Vivoactive 3 and have done so for the last 40 or so days. Its my first time using HRV measurements, but it was been consistent with trends and correlation with how I have been feeling.

Keeping meaning to also download HRV4Training to cross reference, but regardless of the “accuracy” rMSSD number from the Garmin app above, the difference is what I am interested in and the overall trend and correlation.

Pinging again in favor of support for Apple Health: it’s a lot more work to support individual apps, vs HealthKit would cover a large number of users, regardless of their favorite apps.

@david It looks like we already get resting HR etc from Garmin but weight may still be coming from strava as now that I turned off the link to strava data I no longer get weight updates. Is getting weight data via garmin connect something that is on your (likely 10,000 item long) TODO list?

I’ll throw another in the mix then.

I have a Eufy Smart scale for weight; can’t find an API but it can sync to Google Fit which does (I made a mini app to test too).

I assume many other things will sync to Google Fit too so could be an option.

Hi, getting the weight from Garmin works already. At least for me, I use an Garmin Index Scale. But should also if you input your weight manually into Garmin.

I also have a Eufy scale as well. I use a combination of that, Google Fit, and Fitness Syncer to get my daily weigh-in to this site:

• Scale syncs to Google Fit.
  • Fitness Syncer grabs that data from Google Fit.
  • Fitness Syncer updates weight on Strava.
  • Intervals.icu syncs weight w/ Strava (I assume when a new activity is synced).

I use Fitness Syncer to download data and sync it all over the place. It handles all sorts of services. I wonder what it would take to have a site/service added as an endpoint.

Interesting, I’ll give it a go.

Doesn’t appear to be a way of hiding your weight in the privacy settings on strava so not a huge fan but will try it regardless.

Thanks

-=-=Edit-=-=-

As it turns out if you have android you can go direct from GoogleFit to Strava - link

Personally, I never got that to work directly. Fitness Syncer was a workaround.

Now if only there were a way to sync weight to Zwift that actually worked…

1 Like

Yes if your weight is going to Garmin Connect then you should be able to get it in Intervals.icu. You need to tick “Download wellness data” and then click below that and make sure weight is selected.

Interesting. It works if i add the weight in garmin connect manually but my weight data feeds into garmin connect from myfitnesspal (sometimes. it works for a week then stops for a few days then works again but thats garmin…) and that data does NOT seem to make it into intervals. Let me see if I can come up with consistent steps to reproduce for you.

2 Likes

It looks like Google Fit might be the best conduit as it syncs with a lot of other sites, like Oura. But if you want to integrate with Oura, I found the API docs:

https://cloud.ouraring.com/docs/authentication

Happy to help sort out the calls you need, if you like. I am no programmer, but know enough to be dangerous.

Thanks @david

1 Like

Tx I have Oura integration on the todo list. But will look at Google Fit first.

3 Likes

At least fitnesssyncer.com now supports intervals.icu sync, one of the best tools to sync across platforms.

1 Like

Just heard back from fitnesssyncer, apparently they are not able to send resting HR to intervals due to the API? Any other suggestions for getting RHR from Fitbit to intervals?

Can you export a file to Dropbox?

Probably, but I’d prefer to find an automated solution so I don’t have to do it manually.

I would assume the easiest way to get RHR from Fitbit to Intervals would be to sync the data to Google Fit first. Since Google owns Fitbit that this we be rather easily done one would think. Google Fit wellness data already has the ability to then sync with Intervals.

I stand corrected. It looks like Google and Fitbit do not sync nicely which is crazy considering how long Google has owned Fitbit. if you have an Android device it looks like there are apps to help automate this. On an iOS device it looks like it might be possible as well, but finding a good app would take a little more work.

I heard back from fitnesssyncer … they will be able to look at this in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes