Add filter to fitness charts?

I am wondering if there is any way to add a filter to custom charts. I would like to be able to do a simple ‘time spent in zones’ for a certain time period for cycling activities (ride, gravel) , and a similar one for running activities (eg. gravel, ride + MTB).

I know I can get the totals of this on the Totals page but not broken down weekly (for example)

I use TABS on the fitness page, split by cycling and running. The same chart then shows for each tab, on certain metrics.

On the chart setting, you can filter.

Perfect!
Thanks

The concept is exactly what I’m after but it’s not working.

For example I have one tab with time in (3) zones the same as you have for Cycling Focus; then on another tab I also have time in (3) zones.

The problem is that the activity type filter seems to be common between the two tabs, if I update it in one tab the filter is then updated in the other tab as well - and visa versa. I can’t get the “time in (3) zones” to be filtered by running type events and the other for cycling type activities.

I’ll have a look later. My phone and desktop is not setup the same. I might have a copy of the TiZ chart.

I think the problem is that you are using the exact same chart. You should make a copy of the first chart, and use the original in one tab, and the copy in the other one. When you update the filters in the copy the original chart will keep only the original filters.

1 Like

I think it is as @FredSPast says. There is one list of charts and you can put the same chart onto more than one tab. The filters are part of the chart. So you need to make a time in zones chart for each set of filters.

Thank you both, that solved it. I was thinking tabs are more isolated than they are, but having them linked on the data sets they are dealing with makes sense as well.

Cheers, Colin

2 Likes

For TiZ, I’m using different charts in my tabs.

Running is a chart created by Pierre Stanton, and filtered on run and virtual run

Cycling has a few charts, all with Cycling, MTB, Gravel and Virtual as the filtered activities.
One created by Theo Bromine :cut_of_meat: (with my own modifications)

All activities is modification of Theo’s chart, but has all activities showing

Total TiZ is more important, but it’s a nice to have a quick glance at different disciplines.

2 Likes

Interesting, I grabbed a couple of those charts and incorporated them into my dashboard. I particularly like the running volume one, it makes it very easy to visualise.

Thanks

1 Like