Add Basketball sport type

Hi,

Is it possible to add Basketball as a sport type? My Garmin syncs it over and it ends up as a Walk, which is weird. I know Basketball is new this year, so perhaps this applies to a bunch of other new sport types from Garmin lately.

Duncan

1 Like

Hello,

I would love it too :+1:

Pretty please. Thereā€™s actually a second problem in that the indoor ā€œwalkā€ didnā€™t record movement very well on my Garmin watch, so my 1h20m basketball session only counted for 20m moving time.

This could likely be cos intervals.icu is ignoring what it considers as ā€œstopped timeā€? YOu could try to ā€œignore speed and distanceā€

Yep, at least I can manually override the moving time aspect in the activity.

The simple solution is to deactivate GPS for indoor activities.

Oh thanks :ā -ā ) I figured since the Garmin asks if itā€™s indoor or outdoor it would do that for me, but apparently not. Done now, Iā€™ll see if that fixes it.

If your Garmin asks for it, it should deactivate GPS indoors.
But things change quite fast nowadays, so there might be a velocity stream for indoor activities coming from accelerometerā€¦
Whatā€™s your Garmin device model?

EDIT: some info on Garmin accelerometer here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Garmin/comments/199hdsw/basketball_activity/

Forerunner 945 LTE (which got most of the stuff from 965 level).

I donā€™t have a HRM Pro with accelerometers, but it might be counting my steps. And I think last time I played it was half-court, so it might have thought I was stationary a large chunk of time.